Under general supervision, performs a variety of difficult to complex clerical, records, and general office tasks; performs other related work as required.
Examples of Duties:
- Answers telephone and directs calls to proper person or department;
- Receives requests for service and complaints from the public or other departments and provides information or makes appropriate referral;
- Records information from calls as needed;
- Prepares and maintains a variety of reports, forms, and tables of a difficult to complex nature;
- Prepares, composes, and types correspondence;
- Collects a variety of data from existing reports and prepares reports for use by other departmental officials and supervisors;
- Inspects existing forms and data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with established departmental policies and procedures;
- Sorts, processes, and files reports and documents;
- Maintains various files;
- Makes forms readily available to other employees, officials, and general public;
- Performs other varied clerical support functions as needed.
Education and Experience:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or GED, supplemented by training/course work in office systems technology or related field; and
- A minimum of one year of related clerical experience.
- proper business English, spelling, and grammar;
- arithmetic such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
- modern office practices, procedures, methods, and equipment operations;
- customer service principles and techniques.
- operate a personal computer using Microsoft Office Suite software;
- follow oral and written instructions;
- read and compare words and numbers accurately;
- maintain clerical records and compile complete reports from such records;
- prioritize work;
- type accurately at an above average rate of speed;
- maintain effective working relationships with the general public and other employees;
- deal tactfully with the general public.
Greenville, NC is the 10th largest city in the state of North Carolina and the home of East Carolina University! Located halfway between the...