GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Your job as a writer is to help define, plan, research and deliver the documentation set supporting the efforts in our new Software Center of Excellence. Working in our San Ramon office, you will collaborate with business, development and quality assurance teams to produce and validate a range of high-quality deliverables for consumption by our internal technical customer base. For example, you may find yourself tasked with producing API guides, developer and platform-based product administration guides, or edits/updates for Javadoc comments, technical presentations and wiki pages. More importantly, you can help identify and refine the documentation suite and process within this office as the Center of Excellence takes a leading role with a global brand.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication OR “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in technical writing position
- Experience in formulation of Documentation Plan and documentation life cycle
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in the East Bay Area in Northern California
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be 18 years or older
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Section 19: YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
- MBA or Masters Degree
- Experience in writing technical documentation for new product
- Experience in writing of developer guides and administrator guides
- Good understanding of agile development practices
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with developer and QA team
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 10 months ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...