Goodwin Procter LLP, located in downtown Boston, is hiring a Staffing and Professional Development Specialist to support our Litigation Department. In this multi-faceted role you will be responsible for the staffing and professional development of first and second year litigation associates. Additionally, you will manage the engagement of contract attorneys and assist with the day to day operations and general administration of the Litigation Department.
You will focus on:
- Managing the matter assignment system for the first and second year associates, department attorneys, and discovery attorneys in the Boston office; identifying staffing needs, monitoring attorneys’ workloads and professional development, and allocating work appropriately. You will monitor attorney performance evaluations, facilitate the provision of feedback, and administer the first year associate mid-year review process.
- Producing the monthly business summary and other department-level reports. Some financial analysis is required
- Managing the engagement of contract attorneys. You will handle all communications with contract attorney agencies, including identifying contract attorney candidates, processing agency invoices, and coordinating with case teams and support departments with regard to contract attorney hires and departures.
- Working across departments on firm wide initiatives designed to enhance associate development, morale, and retention.
- Coordinating the junior associate advisor program.
- Working across departments to design, implement, and participate in lateral and first year associate orientation.
To be successful you will need:
- 3 + years of related experience in a law firm environment
- Juris Doctorate is strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- The ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- A demonstrated ability to make sound judgment
- The ability to respect, protect, and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information
- Knowledge of Excel and database managemen
Goodwin Procter LLP - 24 months ago
One of the largest law firms in Beantown, Goodwin Procter has branched beyond its Boston roots to establish offices on the East and West...