Purpose of Your Job Position:
As a Consulate Health Care Staffing Coordinator , you are entrusted with the responsibility of caring for our residents, families, co-workers, visitors and all others; as well as demonstrating in all interactions, Consulate Health Care’s five core values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. The primary purpose of your job position is to assist the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse in their day-to-day recording and charging of medical or administrative information in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern medical records, and as they may be required by the Director of Clinical Services, to ensure that our medical records are maintained in an informative and descriptive manner. You are entrusted to provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation
and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
As Staffing Coordinator , you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for assisting the Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse in their day-to-day recording and charting of medical or administrative information in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern medical records, and as may be required. No supervisory responsibilities. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon you performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities of Staffing Coordinator:
- Completes schedule for the Nursing Staff.
- Completes daily staffing sheets.
- Interacts with employees to cover daily staffing requirements.
- Secures coverage for vacancy shift, open position, vacations, as dictated by Director of Clinical Services.
- Prepares and completes daily nursing hours report for Executive Director.
- Calculate nursing hours daily to meet PPD requirements.
- Maintains a log of the daily PPD and month to date PPD.
- Reviews daily punch detail report on each employee, verifies hours worked, corrects any errors, identifies trends.
- May be responsible for bi-weekly payroll accuracy verification for the Nursing Department/Payroll Coordinator.
- Records employee attendance, communicates with the Director of Clinical Services when issues arise.
- Shares employee vacation requests’ with Director of Clinical Services.
- Embrace Consulate Health Care’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect, and passion, and incorporate them into one’s daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
Requirements for Staffing Coordinator:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school education or its equivalent. Associates Degree preferred, but not required.
- Minimum (1) one year of experience in the position, in a LTC or other medical setting.
Physical and Sensory Requirements:
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of teamwork and team concept.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, resident, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must possess the ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must not pose a direct threat to the health and safety of other individuals in the workplace.
(With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices)
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an understandable manner.
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, and support agencies.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the policies of the company, which include a medical and physical examination.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill,disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people within the facility.
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25 pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
Consulate Health Care Services - 20 months ago