The Staffing Manager is responsible for the scheduling and management of staff for multiple sites within OhioHealth Sleep Services. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Manage all lab staff on a day-to-day basis – including, but not limited to:
- Manage staff schedule. Assess and maintain appropriate staffing levels to maximize efficiency based on patient load and occupancies.
- Work with the management company to assure proper staffing for all OHSS labs. Assist with interviewing and recruiting, as necessary.
- Ensure proper orientation for new employees and physicians.
- Approve PTO in accordance with policy. Provide coverage for all positions as necessary for sick time and vacations.
- Respond to all employee concerns and issues. Handle all employee conflicts. Administer equitable and consistent discipline, if indicated. Work with the HR consultant as necessary.
- Complete all quarterly and annual evaluations for all clinical staff.
- Ensure a safe, clean environment for all patients and employees.
- Hold monthly staff meetings. Document all meetings with Minutes.
- Ensure lab operations meet AASM and HIPAA standards as they relate to staffing and scheduling issues. Aid in implementing and maintaining the patient safety and risk management programs.
- Attend Manager Meetings monthly.
- Work with any research projects or trials.
- Aid with new lab openings as it relates to staffing and scheduling.
- Maintain a positive attitude and professional presentation to employees.
- Report at least monthly, and more frequently, if necessary, all necessary information to the management company in compliance with OhioHealth Sleep Services’ “Agreement for Management Services.”
- Maintain 10 CME credits per year. Maintain CPR certification and other immunizations, as needed.
- Create, implement, and oversee customer service programs and plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience required. Graduate BS or BA in a related field preferred.
- RPSGT or RRT or CRT or REEGT required.
- At least five years supervisory experience, preferably in a sleep facility.
- Experience scheduling for multiple labs and employees preferred.
Surgical Care Affiliates - 17 months ago