Since 1913, the Federal Reserve’s faith in our people has been paramount to bringing our mission together. That mission? Making a positive difference for every American by strengthening and securing our nation’s financial system. Supporting this cause is the Fed’s IT services organization, a team that draws on vibrant backgrounds and diverse perspectives to deliver world-class information technology services and solutions.
Key to ensuring we support the Fed’s IT services efficiently and effectively is hiring the right people into the right jobs at the right time. To that end the organization is seeking a Staffing Specialist.
The Staffing Specialist performs a key administrative role for the Talent Acquisition team. The incumbent coordinates activities essential to the recruitment and placement process, with an emphasis on coordinating our participation in national, regional, and local industry and college career fairs. The Staffing Specialist also provides administrative support to our recruiter, which may include scheduling interviews, preparing reports associated with the selection process, and serving as a secondary review for new hire paperwork. Finally, the Staffing Specialist may also serve as a backup to conducting new hire orientation.
Core requirements include:
• Associate's Degree in Business, HR or relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education and job-related experience equal to 3 - 5 years, including staffing experience. Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field preferred.
• Knowledge of employment and EEO policies, practices and applicable federal and state laws. Understanding of corporate recruitment processes and recruitment strategies.
• Ability to accurately interpret and apply policies, procedures and laws related to employment activities.
• Ability to effectively organize and prioritize a varied workload. Work within time deadlines. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills to interact with all levels of employees and vendors.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and provide solutions to sensitive situations.
• Ability to effectively organize and prioritize workload and to work within deadlines.
• Ability to work independently.
Regularly makes decisions regarding application of practical HR functions to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and regulations. Uses independent judgment to reach conclusions/resolve problems or make recommendations to FRIT leadership or HR management. Decisions must reflect HR and regulatory compliance, sensitivity to corporate needs, employee good will and public image.
Works with moderate independence under direction of manager; follows established methods and policies; and follows general instructions of established methods indicating actions to be taken.
May work extended hours, 2 - 4 days a month, to complete peak workload volume and/or short notice assignments.
May require sitting or standing (for prolong periods of time); lifting, carrying, pushing, and / or pulling less than 20 lbs.; sustained visual attention for approximately 50% of time.
No extended travel required.
Candidate should review the FRB Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with issues related to previous employment and prohibited financial interests. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at
The Federal Reserve Bank of New York works within the Federal Reserve System and with other public and private sector institutions to foster...