1. Post and manage employment requisitions in a timely manner. Oversee and act as subject matter expert for the online application process, including training other MHA staff.
2. Work with hiring managers/supervisors to strategize and implement workforce planning needs and activities, including conducting interviews as needed.
3. Coordinate candidate interview activities, including scheduling meetings, candidate travel and arrival arrangements, expense reimbursement and distribution of necessary information and materials to candidates and management in preparation for interviews.
4. Coordinate and facilitate travel and interviewing logistics for candidates, as well as with Program staff for college recruiting trips.
5. Document recruiting processes, maintain associated records, prepare reports and provide recruiting metrics to management as needed.
6. Strategize, plan and implement annual organization and structure of seasonal staff with hiring managers/supervisors.
i. Facilitate communication with seasonal supervisors for hiring logistics, performance evaluations, housing, etc.
ii. Oversee the distribution, collection, processing and retention of seasonal staff forms, including background investigation consent forms.
iii. Work with hiring supervisors and seasonal leaders to ensure compliance with employment and labor laws as well as to ensure a positive environment and spiritual growth for seasonal employees and their communities.
7. Coordinate with the HR Administrator the onboarding process, including the completion of and retention of personnel documents, for all non-seasonal staff.
8. Handle administrative details when HR Administrator is not present, including but not limited to answering phone, handing out forms, etc.
9. Perform other duties as directed by the Director of Human Resources.
A mature follower of Jesus, still growing and developing in their faith. Fully in accord with Mount Hermon Assocation, Inc.’s (“MHA”) mission, vision, values and statement of beliefs. Of strong moral character and integrity.
The Staffing Specialist will coordinate and facilitate the recruitment and placement activities and administration for all full-time, part-time, (regular and casual), summer staff, interns, and outdoor science school positions. The Staffing Specialist is an integral partner in managing recruiting activities and building candidate relationships, often providing candidates with their first impression of MHA.
• Proficiency with Microsoft based applications (e.g. Word, Excel).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must possess high orientation to detail.
• Superior organizational and administrative skills—able to handle a busy and demanding work schedule in an efficient and graceful manner.
• Prior experience in sourcing, recruiting, screening and interviewing applicants and providing recommendations to hiring managers.
• Solid knowledge and understanding of current employment and labor laws.
• Ability to use a combination of intuition and reasoned judgment in assessing suitable of candidates regarding theological and cultural fit as well as job-related criteria.
• Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and ability to troubleshoot issues independently with minimum supervision; ability to respond quickly to changes.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and escalate issues when appropriate.
• Knowledge and awareness of camping regulations and how changes may impact staffing and/or training a plus.
• Thorough knowledge of all Mount Hermon programs at the level of every job is essential so best candidates will fully embrace Mount Hermon culture and work environment.
The Staff Specialist is responsible to the Director of Human Resources. Requires minimal supervision and exercises high level of independent judgment and initiative. The Staffing Specialist works independently and provides direction to moderately skilled employees or volunteers. Acts as back-up to the HR Administrator.
Hours: approximately 30/week
Mount Hermon Association, Inc. offers year-round Christ-centered camps, conferences and concerts to serve the entire family. Our properties...