Providence is calling an on-call, variable shift Staffing Specialist to Providence Regional Medical Center Everett, in Everett, WA.
The Staffing Specialist will provides a centralizing staffing function for Nursing by updating and monitoring daily schedules, assuring appropriate distribution of staff and arranging for supplemental staffing for nursing units.
In this position you will:
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Update schedules, determine staffing needs of the nursing units, assign available staff according to guidelines and/or needs articulated by charge nurses, and maintain constant contact with units in order to respond to changing staffing needs.
- Review schedules for upcoming staffing needs and develop a proactive plan for covering vacancies with the admin supervisor and charge nurses.
- Respond to employee absence by logging the absence, communicating with the unit, and arranging for replacement.
- Maintain automated staffing and scheduling system.
- Provide printed reports and schedules to managers.
- Maintain information flow to nursing leadership.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Computer skills, including data entry and simple data database queries
About the ministry you will serve.
- Staffing, scheduling or similar experience
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state’s most award-winning hospital for medical care; having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of an electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patient’s experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
Providence Health & Services - 8 months ago
As the sixth-largest faith-based health system in the United States, we employ talented and dedicated individuals at our large medical...