This position is responsible for operating and monitoring an automated cigarette tax-stamping machine.
A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Identify and understand numerical sequencing.
- Identify product and appropriate tax stamps.
- Send cigarette cartons through an automated machine that stamps, repacks and returns them to conveyor.
- Monitor automated line and stamp machine to ensure smooth operation.
- Monitor and properly report any cigarette package or carton damages.
- Maintain a sense of urgency, accuracy and quality of work—within Engineered Labor Standards— to ensure accurate product and shipments.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Continuously stand at a machine while stamping product, using two hands for stamping and stabilizing.
- Use correct lifting practices while loading and unloading product to stamping machine and / or conveyor.
- Comply effectively with company work and safety rules.
- Continually meet assigned production standards.
- Maintain a quality of work that limits mispicks, shorts and damages.
- Follow directions.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Be trained and certified to operate any required equipment within 30 days after hire.
- Comply with company attendance policy.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the Distribution Center; work schedules may require working an early shift, staying long for a late shift, and weekend work depending on the customer and operational requirements of the division.
- Work in warm and cold temperature conditions that may range from 38°F to 110°F.
- Stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above the head continuously for a period of two hours or more.
- Have High School Diploma or GED.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Be able to speak, read and understand the English language.
- Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Have good communication skills.
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center; material movement takes place throughout the facility.
- This position requires the teammate to work inside the majority of the time.
- This position may require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to proximity to other teammates.
- Closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times.
McLane - 10 months ago