Job Description Summary
Willamette University announces a full-time position for a Standard Mail Coordinator with the Mail Center Department.
This position is responsible for preparing nonprofit standard mail for internal and external clients to the Willamette University community. Duties include communication and coordination with various departments and campus organizations to ensure that postal rules and regulations are satisfied.
This individual should demonstrate a strong knowledge of postal rules and regulations, and be competent in math. Excellent customer relation’s experience is preferred. This position must interact with campus community and must demonstrate professionalism at all times. This position requires the ability to
perform under pressure and work independently. Discretion and/or confidentiality must be practiced as necessary when handling sensitive materials.
This is a full-time classified position and offers full benefits. Salary begins at $2,022.80 per month.
Duties & Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following functions, which are not listed in any particular order of significance:
1. Maintains detailed information regarding nonprofit rules and regulations. Duties include communication with the US Postal Service in order to stay current regarding nonprofit/standard mail regulations to ensure accuracy of mailings.
2. Works closely with campus departments, student organizations and various campus affiliated organizations to ensure mail pieces are formatted per postal regulations. Maintain necessary supplies for project completion and oversees projects to ensure deadlines are met.
3. Operates office machinery which includes the Imager printer, folder/inserter, tabber, sealer and meter machine.
4. Operates Xerox digital production equipment which includes the Xerox IGEN3, Xerox 700, Xerox 242 and the Xerox 7665.
5. Performs nonprofit/standard mailing tasks which include folding, labeling, collating, stuffing, sealing using necessary equipment. Determines count and bundle; ensures proper forms are completed to reflect cost and finalizes completion of mailing by proper assembly for delivery to the post office.
6. Maintains current knowledge of campus community departments and individual names to ensure proper mail distribution.
7. Understands postal software currently used and how to process mailings and correct errors if necessary.
8. Sorts incoming and campus mail for daily distribution.
9. Computes daily postage due and Business Reply Mail charges and sends to appropriate departments.
10. Provides accurate monthly accounting for Business Reply Mail, Postage Due, Permit 152 and Standard Mail processing fees.
11. Sends electronic receipt to campus constituents when mailings have been completed and sent to the Postal Service.
12. Provides back up for the Meter/Delivery Clerk.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum of two years of mail center/room or relevant equivalent experience is required.
2. One year of experience operating and maintaining mail-processing equipment such as folders, mail metering equipment, inserters, and labelers is required.
3. Experience in operating personal computer with working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Application and experience with postal preparation software is required.
4. Must have thorough knowledge of Nonprofit/Standard mail rules and regulations.
5. Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time.
6. Must be willing to work in varied weather conditions.
7. Possess a valid Oregon driver’s license or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire. Must have acceptable driving record.
8. Ability to routinely lift up to 40 pounds.
9. Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain harmonious relations with other staff, faculty and students.
10. An employer-paid pre-placement physical required.
11. This position is subject to a criminal conviction record check.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Previous experience working at a college or university.
Thank you for considering a position within Willamette University (WU). Please note that you will need to create an account in order to apply, if this is your first time applying online with WU.
The following materials will need to be uploaded as part of your online application:
Please read the job posting carefully and answer the supplemental questions.
- Please complete all sections of the online application, do not leave sections blank.
Application deadline: Open until filled.