Starr Summer Intern Program
Starr Companies offers Summer Internship opportunities to learn about careers in insurance. It is our intention to provide college students with the ability to acquire work experience in their chosen course of study as they provide real work tasks and duties in a specific role within Starr Companies. Starr is seeking students majoring in one of the following subjects: Insurance, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Information Technology, Actuarial Science or any other subject relating to the insurance industry. Our goal for the internship program is to establish a pipeline of talent for the Starr Companies and to become the employer of choice upon graduation.
Starr Summer Interns are encouraged to contribute their ideas and make an impact while working with the best minds in the business and gaining first-hand knowledge of a career in the insurance industry.
Requirements and Skills
- An interest in a career in the Insurance industry.
- Ability to work 35 hours per week, Monday through Friday for 8-10 weeks.
- Attend scheduled lunch and learns, webinars and complete online training modules.
- Proficient in MS Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Professional demeanor in verbal and written communications internally and externally.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Currently attending college or university.
Starr Companies, comprised of C.V. Starr & Co., Inc. (C.V. Starr) and Starr Insurance Holdings, Inc., is a global, privately held, insurance, financial services, and investments organization. Starr's insurance agencies write specialty lines covering aviation, marine, energy, property and excess casualty insurance, including risks with international exposures and provide a broad spectrum of value-added specialized services, including claims handling and settlement, risk assessment and loss prevention. Starr's insurance companies, Starr Indemnity & Liability Company and Starr Surplus Lines Insurance Company, provide high-quality, customized property and casualty and accident and health insurance products, with significant access to the excess and surplus marketplace for certain lines of business. These companies also provide loss control, claims, administrative and reinsurance services to their policyholders.
Starr Companies - 23 months ago