Requisition ID: 55348
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration: No
- Relocation Authorized: None
- Organization: OG&C
- Project No.: 25605
- Location: Curtis Is., QLD
Minimum Bachelor's degree in relevant field and/or relevant practical experience (3-5) yrs working with Bechtel procedures, operations, and management of large construction projects during the commissioning and startup stage
Experience in performing, monitoring, and reviewing planning and scheduling functions, with specific experience and knowledge of CSU activities and responsibilities on projects
Knowledge of CSU supervision, personnel administration, and training of technical and non-technical personnel
Skilled in oral and written communication
Proficiency with PC operating systems, with proficiency in several basic software applications. Proficiency with multiple discipline specific software applications currently used in Bechtel (Primavera and Microsoft Office Applications, for example)
Intermediate level of knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, and startup work processes, as performed by Bechtel
Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Provides comments and recommendations for completions phase planning and scheduling requirements relative to staffing and project control. Prepares detailed plans and schedules covering all required activities for pre-commissioning, commissioning and startup.
2. Reviews project work activities to ensure support of project CSU milestones. Coordinates the timely, systematic, and complete acquisition of scope definition and related data.
3. Prepares the development and integration of individual schedules into the total project CSU plan. Reviews the performing organization’s and unit’s work logics, and determines whether the schedules will adequately support the overall project CSU schedule. Plans, coordinates, and establishes the level of quantification appropriate to the objectives of the effort and to the level of scope definition for each discipline or specialty, and designates reference job(s) for source data and/or reconciliations of quantities. Reviews completeness and reasonableness of quantities.
4. Reviews and evaluates schedule durations for all CSU activities relative to achieving project milestones/goals. Provides the calculation of durations and other considerations affecting activity durations.
5. Prepares and analyzes comparisons of scope, quantities, and cost data between projects. Plans and organizes CSU schedule resource loading and leveling. Integrates appropriate manpower requirements for each CSU discipline or specialty activity relative to the overall CSU project needs. Obtains required schedule information from all CSU disciplines and/or major equipment vendors. Identifies schedule restraints and their effects on the total project schedule. Identifies schedule considerations and problems resulting from interdiscipline or group restraints and interfaces.
6. Verifies consistency with previous reports to ensure compatibility. Responsible for issuing reports required by CSU management and project procedures.
7. Performs project schedule analysis and studies of problem areas to determine criticality of schedule activities. Recommends alternatives for schedule improvement to CSU project team for discussion and/or decision.
8. Coordinates information input into specific studies. Responsible for integration of activities and total work scope identification. Evaluates study results and recommends conclusions for CSU project team consideration and discussion.
9. Develop and Integrate pre commissioning and commissioning schedule with Bechtel's construction schedules and APLNG's startup schedules.
10. Develop turnover waterfall and skyline defining specific turnover dates.
11. Develop level 3 pre-commissioning and commissioning schedules.
This position will start in the Houston office and then transition to the job-site in Gladstone, Australia. The employee must be able to obtain work authorization in Australia. Relocation to job-site in Australia is authorized.
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.