- The Dispensing Regulatory Leader will interface with key business stakeholders in the development, implementation and coordination of programs, while effectively communicating the business statuses to the Sr. Regulatory Affairs Rx Leader.
- The Dispensing Regulatory Leader will ensure compliance with State and Federal laws as it pertains to Pharmaceutical (Rx) and Controlled Pharmaceutical (CRx) distribution.
- The Dispensing Regulatory Leader will develop and lead the SAS DEA Compliance Team to exceed performance requirements and branch goals.
- This Leader will ensure accuracy of customer CRx accounts, Form 222 order entry and customer due diligence processes and will provide excellent customer service.
- This Leader will have communications with Sales Representatives, Customers (Internal and External) and State and Federal Agencies.
PREFERRED OFFICE/MACHINE EQUIPMENT EXPERIENCE:
- A High School Diploma or G.E.D. is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of verifiable full-time work experience in a pharmacy licensed in this state or another state, where the person’s responsibilities included, but were not limited to, recordkeeping for prescription drugs, or a minimum of 2 years of a verifiable full-time managerial experience with a prescription drug wholesaler licensed in this state or in another state.
- Knowledge of Controlled Pharmaceutical Distribution is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with Senior Management and Middle Management.
- Prospective employees will undergo additional background checks by Federal and State Agencies, as well as typical pre-employment screening.
Experience with computer, fax machine, telephone, and scanner.
The main responsibilities for this position include the supervision and performing of:
- Ensuring compliance with State and Federal licensing requirements
- Ensuring compliance with State and Federal Regulations
- Ensuring compliance with accreditation requirements
- Ensure quality and accuracy in CRx order entry procedures
- Ensuring compliance with recordkeeping and reporting
- Ensuring accuracy and entering Schedule 2 and 2n orders
- Maintain productivity and accuracy to meet minimum performance levels
- Maintaining physical security requirements
- Professionally review and refuse suspicious CRx orders
- Professionally review customer application to ensure compliance with policy
- Conduct customer due diligence investigations
- Conduct internal audits
- Manage/oversee audits conducted by government agencies and or 3rd Party auditors
- Communicate effectively with customers both internal and external
- Take appropriate action to resolve CRx order issues
- Maintain good rapport with the local DEA office and State Agencies
- Update Standard Operating Procedures to ensure best practices
- Audit CRx process periodically and verify adherence to policy
- Maintain a good attendance record
- Develop, implement, coordinate and track compliance training
Performs related duties as assigned.
Supervises and offers leadership to subordinates in accordance with the organization’s policies and guidelines. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This employee is frequently required to sit. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical office environment and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- Ability to communicate with diverse personalities.
- Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment.
- Good grammar and verbal skills.
- Dependable, efficient and detail oriented.
- Proficient with computer systems and Microsoft Office Tools
- Experience with JD Edwards ERP System.
This employee will interact with co-workers, management, customers, sales reps, and state and federal agencies.
From basic supplies to sophisticated equipment, PSS World Medical keeps doctors offices and nursing homes stocked. The company distributes...