Job Title: State Marketing Analyst (Regional Analytics Manager)
Job ID: 03649
Division : Marketing
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
- This position does not manage people.
- This position is located in Madison, WI at our National Headquarters.
- Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
The State Marketing Analyst influences marketing strategy and investment allocation through detailed, complex marketing analytics, and development/testing of relevant hypotheses to improve the effectiveness of marketing programs and investments. Communicates findings in a relevant and meaningful manner to various levels of management within Marketing and cross divisionally. Maintains an active awareness of influencers of program impacts, trends, and forecasts, and leverages this knowledge to develop and manage marketing mix optimization modeling efforts.
- Marketing Investment Optimization & Forecasting (25%)
- Integrates information from multiple sources to establish cause and effect relationships for changes in marketing program and investment performance. Creates and manages methodology to forecast marketing program impacts, considering all relevant variables and drivers of results within and among programs (e.g. digital/social, mass media, direct marketing).
- Manages business driver modeling efforts and analytics supporting marketing mix optimization, working in close collaboration with business partners within marketing as well as external to the division to understand current performance and forecast the impact of various decision alternatives.
- Manages forecasting of marketing program impact on results for assigned territory, ensuring potential deviations are communicated and understood. Works collaboratively with business partners to mitigate performance issues by providing appropriate analytics and predicting future performance under various scenarios.
- Collaborates with business partners in Marketing and cross divisionally to ensure alignment of marketing optimization modeling with state-specific goals and objectives.
- Marketing Analytics & Performance Management (25%)
- Maintains a thorough understanding of company results, trends and performance gaps and consistently leverages that knowledge to create effective and relevant marketing-specific analyses for divisional and business partner use.
- Keeps abreast of variances with respect to geography, markets, customers, prospects, and competitors. Uses this knowledge to develop marketing performance insights.
- Synthesizes all relevant data to understand performance drivers of marketing programs and investments, including the development and statistical testing of hypotheses appropriate to the issue at hand. Incorporates feedback and suggestions of cross-functional teams (e.g. SBU) and Marketing departments to ensure all relevant information is considered in analyses.
- Conducts micro-level analyses (e.g. ZIP level) of marketing program performance that ensure alignment between marketing strategy, state objectives and opportunity areas.
- Collaborates with data and metrics experts throughout marketing to get a holistic understanding of divisional program performance and drivers of results.
- Opportunity Identification & Strategy Development (25%)
- Maintains understanding of and utilizes analytics of market and customer demographics to identify marketing opportunities, in collaboration with business partners within marketing and external to the department.
- Leverages knowledge of marketing programs and data to provide insights that inform the creation and monitoring of marketing strategies in partnership with business partners overseeing those strategies.
- Proactively communicates analytics-based recommendations and insights to appropriate audiences for consideration in strategy and execution of marketing plan at corporate, regional and state levels.
- Effectively collaborates with internal business partners on results and plans, ensuring appropriate measurements are in place to monitor impact of marketing initiatives and inform future opportunities.
- Performance Communication and Divisional Representation (25%)
- Collaborates with marketing business partners to package and communicate the impact of Marketing programs/investments on company results, both within Marketing and cross-divisionally as needed (e.g.SBUs).
- Works collaboratively with business partners to ensure understanding of marketing measurement methodology. Interprets and communicates results in an inclusive manner, ensuring all relevant drivers of results are considered.
- Leads the representation of marketing data/analytics, in collaboration with other marketing business partners, as an input to marketing strategy development and execution (includes both marketing research and program performance data).
- Represents Marketing on cross-functional teams for ad hoc analytical projects pertaining to divisional programs/investments, and requiring Marketing division input.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Building
- Strategic Thinking
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience assessing performance and drivers of marketing results, and influencing others to incorporate findings into strategy and execution.
- Demonstrated experience communicating complex financial and statistical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience performing complex financial or business analysis and data modeling.
- Demonstrated experience using marketing analytics methods and tools.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of business driver and/or marketing optimization models and techniques.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of strategic marketing planning and execution.
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...