Job Title: State Marketing Advisor
Job ID: 03178
Division : Marketing
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
There are three positions available.
These positions manage the marketing efforts and are not responsible for the management of staff.
Responsible for marketing investment and program strategy planning, development, and execution at the state and regional level. Partners with metrics business partners to predict, monitor and measure program performance. Participates as a key contributor in the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) process, ensuring decisions made consider all relevant marketing, consumer and industry trends and insights, and are in alignment with corporate brand and marketing strategy and Profit & Growth plans.
- State Marketing Strategy Development and Oversight (50%)
- Develops state level marketing plans and strategies that align with regional and corporate business objectives. Partners with internal business partners on execution of those marketing plans.
- Participates in the state level business planning and review process, developing associated state level marketing plans that align to state profit and growth plan and corporate marketing plan.
- Facilitates the collaboration with internal business partners and with SBU to ensure state and regional marketing strategies consider all relevant inputs. Leverages data and insights to inform Marketing strategy development, execution and adjustment as needed.
- Serves as primary marketing resource for state sales leadership teams to enable efficient communication and execution of defined marketing strategies within assigned territory.
- Continually drives toward optimization of marketing mix and associated investment through usage of the analysis of results supplied by business partners and SBU teams, and in concert with understanding of state, regional and corporate objectives . Understands how marketing programs and tactics interact with other business/operational tactics (e.g. product, pricing, underwriting, claims, sales, etc.) and identifies methods to adjust these interactions to achieve optimal business results.
- Facilitates actionable and integrated marketing decisions and solutions to optimize program performance and address all issues identified within Marketing or the SBU. Ensures alignment with corporate, regional and state marketing objectives.
- Identifies state-specific target markets, segments and customers, and collaborates with business partners to prioritize state-specific growth, profitability and retention opportunities.
- State Marketing Program Performance Management (30%)
- Uses a continuous Plan-Do-Check-Adjust (PDCA) approach with all marketing initiatives intended to drive improvements in company business results. Monitors state-specific results and plans, and works with marketing analytics partners to ensure appropriate measurements are in place to assess the impact of initiatives and identify opportunities to improve their performance and surface additional opportunities for programs/initiatives.
- Maintains thorough understanding of performance analytics methodology used to forecast marketing program impacts. Contributes insight regarding all relevant variables and drivers of results of efforts outside of marketing, (marketplace conditions, sales capacity, rate activity, etc.), and exercises influence over these methodologies as appropriate.
- Develops and effectively communicates the impact of Marketing programs and investments on state in the context of regional program/investment performance/results, including projected impact of decisions made within the SBU. Leads process for execution of decisions requiring Marketing resources, removing barriers as necessary and ensuring accountability for action items is clear to those involved.
- Maintains thorough understanding of relevant market, industry and company data, including state level results, trends and financial performance. Uses this awareness to provide divisional representation and support for achievement of profit and growth and strategic marketing plans.
- In partnership with internal business partners, proactively works among marketing areas to fill gaps identified in existing marketing data and models (e.g. predictive models, customer value models). Monitors model effectiveness and recommends changes as appropriate.
- Proactively communicates analytics-based insights (to appropriate audiences, e.g. SBU, DX) for strategy development and execution of marketing plan at regional and state levels.
- Consumer and Marketing Expertise and Insight (20%)
- Maintains an understanding of and utilizes market, industry, competitor and consumer data and analytics to identify marketing opportunities. Incorporates marketing data analytics into state marketing strategy development and execution.
- Represents the voice of the customer within the SBU, ensuring decisions consider all potential impacts to the consumer and potential market response. Continuously promotes awareness of consumer decision-making processes and consideration of how company actions may affect consumer attitudes and behaviors.
- Monitors external best practices, researches current approaches and develops a network of resources to support marketing strategies.
- Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of market trends as well as legislative and regulatory requirements related to marketing within assigned territory. Communicates information to internal business partners, guiding use of this knowledge in development of state marketing strategies.
- Partners with internal business partners to ensure consideration of product strategy and shifting consumer/customer needs.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Building
- Strategic Thinking
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience analyzing disparate data and information to develop hypotheses that lead to actionable conclusions.
- Demonstrated experience communicating complex financial and statistical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience developing, communicating, and executing comprehensive marketing plans and strategies.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating cross-functional groups to successful execution of large-scale marketing programs.
- Demonstrated experience using marketing concepts, strategies, practices and tools.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of field sales marketing practices.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of data-driven business planning processes and how they drive financial performance of the business.
- This position requires travel up to 25% of the time.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
Please review the job requirements.