Genworth Financial, Inc. is a global financial institution seeking an experienced tax professional to assume tax responsibilities including activities relating to the taxation of state and local income taxes, as well as sales & use, property and premium taxes.
Candidate’s responsibilities: preparation, review and filing of state, local, and transactional tax returns; and the defense of tax positions upon examination. In addition to participating in the before mentioned activities, the State Tax Compliance Analyst role will participate in the research of tax laws and the tax impact as they relate to tax processes; prepare and review state income and transactional tax returns and estimates; participate in the defense of tax positions claimed on returns or exams by tax authorities; prepare, analyze and review reconciliations of tax accounts; identify planning opportunities during the compliance process; and work with Offshore Tax Personnel to complete compliance processes. Key challenges faced in this role include identifying and implementing process improvement efficiency strategies to enhance the tax function’s value in the organization, and reporting and interfacing with other members of the tax team.
While the position will potentially accommodate a range of specific backgrounds, the successful candidate must demonstrate; i) a solid understanding of State and Local taxation; ii) experience with, or proven aptitude to learn financial products; iii) high academic profile; iv) the ability to perform with energy and enthusiasm and v) a desire to learn all areas of State and Local taxation.
An ability to effectively work with people of various backgrounds, skills and roles, as well as an ability to handle competing expectations, are important to success in this role.
• BA/BS in Accounting
• 3-5 years experience with an accounting firm, or large internal tax function with an emphasis in State and Local taxation
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• Ability to read, interpret and summarize technical standards, tax and legal documents
• Demonstrated ability to solve technical tax or accounting issues in a fast-paced environment, and to communicate tax or accounting requirements effectively to a non-technical audience
• Desire to work in the insurance/financial services industry
• Experience with Tax, GAAP or STAT accounting principles a plus
• Expertise with Excel, Word and PowerPoint software
• CPA, MS in Tax or Accounting or experience with State and Local income, property, and sales & use taxes in regulated environments.
Genworth Financial, Inc. is a leading Fortune 500® insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives....