Commonwealth Connections Academy, a “school without walls”, is an innovative virtual educational program serving K-12 students throughout Pennsylvania in a non-classroom-based environment. A learning team, consisting of a Parent/Learning Coach, a Certified Teacher and educational specialists, work collaboratively with students using a standards-based hybrid curriculum that includes both online and offline options. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an exciting new public schooling model that creates alternative teaching and learning options for students, parents and teachers by leveraging the latest technologies, capitalizing on recent policy initiatives and embracing a cutting edge approach to education.
Commonwealth Connections Academy is a public cyber charter school authorized by the Pennsylvania Department of Education . The school serves students in grades K–12 from anywhere in Pennsylvania. CCA is accredited by the Middle States Association. 95% of all CCA parents agree their children are satisfied with the program in a 2012 survey.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
The State Testing Coordinator is responsible for ensuring compliance with PSSA, Keystone and Project Based Assessment requirements. As the coordinator, this person will organize the support of State Testing Office Reps, Site Leads, and teachers at more than 60 testing locations around the state; and, be responsible for ensuring a secure testing environment.
The State Testing Coordinator will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
· Maintain student test data to ensure:
o All students are given two opportunities to satisfactorily complete all three of the state’s Keystone Exams.
o Students are identified for supports between testing cycles to increase their chances for success.
o Students who do not pass the Keystone exams are given the tutoring and resources necessary to complete a Project Based Assessment
· Maintain a budget of more than $800,000
o arranging test locations statewide;
o arranging teacher assignments, travel arrangements and student assignments;
o training test administrators/proctors as necessary for all state testing;
o confidential shipping of test materials
· Attend trainings provided by the PA Department of Education, Intermediate Units, etc. as they pertain to testing requirements and student-level data reporting;
· Maintain confidential and thorough records;
· Oversee the post-test process to include, but not be limited to, organizing and shipping booklets to DRC, some analysis of student-level data, and the distribution of testing results to staff, families and students;
· Work with the School Reporting Coordinator to ensure that necessary data runs are conducted;
· Assist executive staff in organizing data for reporting purposes and in making changes to policies and the student handbook as they relate to testing requirements;
· Assume special responsibilities as assigned by direct supervisor;
· Ensure that all deadlines are met with PDE/DRC data input requests;
· Maintain ongoing communication with staff, families and students on dates and sign up procedures; and
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree or related work experience
· Classroom (brick and mortar or online) teaching experience
· Travel is required
· Previous experience in the management or administration of standardized testing protocols required.
· Flexible work schedule, with a requirement for additional hours during test administration
· Excellent organization and communications skills
- 9 months ago - save job