Manager, State and Local Tax
This position will be responsible for providing a broad range of State and Local Tax (SALT) services to clients including, consulting, compliance and planning to assist clients in addressing their tax needs. Managers develop and train staff, and make associations to develop new business for the Firm. Advanced technical skills along with well-developed and applied management and supervisory skills are required.
This position exercises responsibilities associated with client service and overall practice development.
- Assumes responsibilities for project management and client interaction.
- Assists multi-state companies with SALT issues including compliance, advising, planning and controversies.
- Working with other team members on developing client service plans and identifying opportunities.
- Assist companies with SALT controversies, including managing audits, preparing protests and representing clients at hearing and appeal meetings.
- Proactively manages project budgets to ensure compliance and accountability.
- Communicates progress of projects, problems, and resolutions to client.
- Attention to client service and adding value to clients’ businesses is an integral part of the job requirements. Managers must demonstrate their ability to identify cross-selling opportunities and follow through with those opportunities or refer them to other professionals if necessary.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time to service clients.
Education – Bachelors degree in accounting required : Masters in Tax, LLM in Taxation or JD (preferred but not required)
Certifications: Licensed Certified Public Accountant or Attorney
Experience – Normally five (5) to seven (7) years’ experience in state and local income tax consulting or compliance experience in public accounting, demonstrating a progression in complexity, scope, and number of projects managed. Experience in other SALT areas a plus, such as credit and incentives, unclaimed property, or other areas.
Skills – Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel and Word); excellent written and oral communication; a high degree of attention to detail and strong leadership skills required.
We serve a broad range of industries including Franchising, Financial Services, Construction, Manufacturing, Professional Services and Health Care. We value our people, our clients, innovation, leadership, teamwork, doing what’s right, technology and success. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.