Bike sharing is a sustainable, healthy and innovative community-based transportation program providing ideal short distance, point-to-point, and simple-to-use bikes for use around the city. With established systems in Washington, DC, Boston, MA, Melbourne, Australia and New York City, Alta Bicycle Share will be introducing this community-based transport option that enhances urban livability and mobility to Columbus in summer 2013 through the CoGo Bike Share program.
The program allows for users to access bikes at multiple self-serve locations and return the bikes to any other station in the system. Our responsibilities include: marketing and membership sales, station and bike repair and maintenance, station redeployment and reporting on system and operational performance.
Overview of Position:
We are currently seeking responsible and dedicated individuals to join our team as temporary Station Assemblers. Station assemblers will be build bicycle rental stations and install them in various locations around downtown Columbus. The workplace will be dynamic with changing deadlines, so ability to adjust on the fly is a must. The general work environment will be an industrial warehouse facility that includes both indoor and outdoor work areas, with occasional work at station sites as well. This position will likely require weekend and off-hour work. Regular work week expected to be 30-40 hours per week. The temporary employment period will commence no sooner than July 1, 2013 and will not extend beyond August 5, 2013.
Key Aspects of Position:
• Assemble bike share station components (plates, solar mast assemblies, etc.).
• Maintain a clean and organized work area.
• Prepare stations, tools, and supplies for installation.
• Assist with station installation as necessary.
• Assist with loading and unloading, packing and unpacking of parts and supplies.
• Report problems with quality, processes, equipment, and safety to supervisor(s).
• Cooperate effectively with co-workers in a team environment.
• Assist with vehicle and/or facility preparation, maintenance and cleaning.
• Other duties as necessary/assigned.
Alta - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard