Station Support Technician
Reports to: Manager, Information Technologies
The primary role of a Station Support Technician is to own and manage the IT services for a subset of airports serviced by Frontier or Republic airlines. This responsibility includes the investigation and resolution of reported hardware and software issues with desktop computers, thin clients, and a variety of peripherals unique to the airline industry. The technician, based on knowledge and skills, will assume ownership of service requests that include computer and operating system problems, install PC software, installation of desktop hardware and assist with any general operator problems. In this role, the technician will be required to determine the need to fly to a location, prioritize issues and manage a travel schedule.
The Station Support Technician is a field service role and will directly interface with other airline personnel, airport management, and vendors as part of their daily activities.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Required Education and Experience:
- Assesses and prioritizes break/fix, project, and preventative maintenance work to maintain operational standards required by the business
- Assumes ownership and accountability for a subset of locations served by Frontier/Republic airlines
- Performs technical investigations, process analysis, and root cause analysis as needed to resolve IT related issues that impact operations
- Collaborates and builds a relationship with business leadership to partner and align IT operations to set and meet expectations related to business objectives
- Develops implementation plans and mini-project plans to support the IT components for airport openings, closings, and moves/adds/changes.
- Works cross functionally with other IT departments, customer facing business units, facilities and external vendors to complete project deliverables.
- Directs the activities of other IT personnel on issue resolution and project work
- Serves as a escalation resource for more junior station support personnel, business and IT management.
- Develops and implements IT and business processes to ensure standardization or as solution to technical issues.
- Documents the location and interconnection of IT equipment at airports and other company locations using Microsoft Visio.
- Identifies and investigates problems and trends, determines what options exist to resolve, and owns the issue until closed.
- Works with vendors and airport authorities to execute pre-defined cable plans and ensures adherence to IT standards for placement, labeling, termination, and location.
- Work with external vendors and partner support as necessary monitor and improve service
- Microsoft Certified Professional or equivalent experience.
- Troubleshooting knowledge of LAN, WAN technologies
- 5+ years experience supporting MS Windows and XP.
- 5+ years experience supporting networked printers.
- 5+ years experience with PC hardware and software.
- Flexible work schedule that may include nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be mobile based on circumstances
- General office buildings, airports, or wherever Republic Airways Holdings has a business purpose.
- Typically based out of one of the airline hub locations with travel to remote airports; some overnight stays are required
- Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 100 pounds occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds frequently.
Republic Airways - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
Many US airlines pledge allegiance to Republic Airways. The airline holding company's subsidiaries Chautauqua Airlines, Republic...