ABM is seeking to hire a Stationary Engineer.
Under general supervision, stationary engineer will operate, and maintain boiler and chiller systems and their components including cooling towers, air compressors, ice and refrigerating machines and fire and secure high pressure boilers; respond to calls; manipulate features of building automation systems to adjust space temperatures and air intake to optimize comfort while conserving energy; affect building automation programming schedules for the heating and cooling of campus facilities; conduct chemical analyses for water treatment for both chillers and boilers; switch plant to manual operation in case of a power failure; perform some soldering and welding on plant equipment and pipelines; and may provide work direction to semi-skilled and unskilled assistants.
The specific responsibilities for this position include:
· Operate, maintain, repair and rebuild chiller units.
· Operate, maintain and repair cooling towers.
· Operate, maintain and repair water filters softeners, piping and pumps used in conjunction with water distribution, including all sinks, toilet bowls, supply lines, drains, water lines, and associated components.
· Operate, maintain, and repair air handling equipment such as fan coils, duct heaters, unit heaters, and air curtains, make up air units, 2 / 4 pipe air handlers, exhaust fans, and HVLS fans.
· Operate, maintain and repair all types of electrical motors used to power pumps, compressors and fans.
· Maintain proper operation of and recalibrate controls on terminal units to assure energy efficient operation.
· Operate, maintain and repair boilers, heaters, pumps, valves, appurtenances, and lines used in the distribution of steam and heated or processed water.
· Operate, maintain, and repair refrigerant compressors, condensers, evaporators, traps, transfer pumps, expansion valves, stop valves and float valves, together with refrigerant lines and devices used to control temperature.
· Operate, maintain, and repair pumps, handling brines or other secondary refrigerating liquids, together with valves, appurtenances and lines used in the system.
· Operate, maintain, and repair air compressors and dryers, together with distribution lines and valves and devices for air control.
· Operate, maintain, and repair natural and manufactured gas distribution lines, including all valves and control devices.
· Maintain all equipment as required per the Preventive Maintenance Program.
· Possess EPA 608 Universal License/Certification
· Other duties and responsibilities as requested by the Facilities Management.
· Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the implementation of the above.
Shall not perform any services that require skills or licensure in excess of those attained
· High School Diploma combined with relevant work experience
· EPA 608 Universal License/Certification required
· Minimum Class 4 Stationary Engineers License
Other Position Qualifications
· Written and verbal communication skills
· PC skills – Microsoft Word, Excel, Lotus Notes
· Estimated travel: none / minimal
May be required to meet certain certifications in field. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. Must be able to lift 50 lbs, climb ladders, and work on high rise roof-tops. Must have current state issued driver’s license.
ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
ABM Industries, Inc. - 2 years ago