Akima Facilities Management, LLC (AFM) is a subsidiary of Akima, LLC, an Alaska Native Corporation. With a business management focus on providing comprehensive facility and infrastructure services, AFM consistently delivers customer-responsive support to federal agencies, such as Department of Defense, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Department of Energy, and U.S. Department of Agriculture, among others. We have played a key role in maintaining vital government facilities and equipment since company inception.
Under general supervision assumes the responsibility for proper operation and maintenance of the Heating and Cooling Plants.
- Performs Preventive Maintenance, overhaul and maintenance/repairs using proper procedures and techniques.
- Actuates mechanical and electrical controls to start and adjust output of boilers, chillers and auxiliary equipment optimizing efficiency to meet demands for service provided.
- Observes, interprets and logs temperature and pressure readings for proper and efficient operation. Performs chemical analysis of boiler and cooling tower water and calculates appropriate chemical feed rates.
- Responsible for maintaining plant cleanliness.
- Assumes overall responsibility for the shift and may direct and coordinate activities of other workers in performing tasks directly related to operating and maintaining the plant and equipment. Report status and problems of plant equipment to the Lead Stationary Engineer or Supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for conforming to all safe work practices and procedures.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Must have a minimum of three years direct experience in operation, maintenance and repair of large heating and cooling plants.
- Must possess a valid Class III, or higher class, Power Engineer's License for Heating and Cooling Plants and a Universal Type Technicians Certification in accordance with EPA requirements.
- Must be able to read and follow technical manuals and properly complete maintenance/repair tasks and work order processes.
- Must possess a valid state driver's license, and be able to obtain a military driver's license within 30 days.
- Specific positions require individual to pass an annual physical examination.
We are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Do you need assistance? We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Teresa Wilson, Recruiter, firstname.lastname@example.org, (571) 521-5014. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
For us to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance.
Akima Facilities Management, LLC
NANA Development Corporation - 16 months ago