Statistical Analyst, Mid-01128960
Conduct statistical analysis for various federal clients that lead to actionable decisions affecting government operations. Define uncertainty for clients using limited data and ensure adequate hypothesis testing through the use of statistical methods, including design of experiments. Document clear objectives for analyzing DoD systems and ensure appropriate data collection to support study conclusions. Work closely with stakeholders and teammates from non-mathematical disciplines to ensure that operational strategies are considered in the context of applying statistical theory. Organize large amounts of data and develop models that identify trends and cause and effect relationships that lead to recommendations that measurably maximize operational efficiency, quality, and compliance. Use statistical theory to deliver measurable improvements to organizations that will stand the test of time.
Basic Qualifications: -3+ years of experience with statistical analysis
- Experience with advanced expertise in a broad range of statistical techniques, including experimental design, hypothesis testing, and multivariate regression
- Experience with statistical software, including SAS, Minitab, SPSS, and R
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite-Ability to obtain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Knowledge of DoD reporting processes and policies
- Ability to show flexibility, initiative, and innovation in dealing with ambiguous, fast-paced situations
- Possession of excellent data gathering, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- MA or MS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or Operations Research preferred; one semester course in Response Surface Design methodology and Matrix Algebra a plus
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Integrating the full range of consulting capabilities, Booz Allen is the one firm that helps clients solve their toughest problems, working by their side to help them achieve their missions. Booz Allen is committed to delivering results that endure.
We are proud of our diverse environment, EOE, M/F/D/V.
Job : Defense Analysis
Primary Location : United States-Virginia-Norfolk
Travel : Yes, 15 % of the Time
Booz Allen Hamilton
- 3 years ago - save job
For almost a century, consultants at Booz Allen Hamilton have been helping US government agencies operate more efficiently at home and...