Dec 12, 2012, 10:40:04 PM
Jan 15, 2013, 7:59:59 AM
Highly-motivated; likes challenge; collaborative; committed to delivering high quality work… Did we describe you? Read on…
Southern California Edison is one of the nation’s largest investor-owned electric utilities. We are an industry leader that is designing new and innovative ways to meet our customer’s needs. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who enjoy the challenge of working on key industry changing projects. We need your good ideas and your contributions to remain a leader in this industry.
The successful candidate will use existing methodologies and SAS programs to extract and analyze customer load and billing data to produce various reports and statistical analyses to support corporate pricing, customer service, and forecasting functions, as well as regulatory proceedings. The successful candidate will provide written summaries of statistical data analyses; will design, select, and maintain load research samples as required for load research projects; will enhance existing programs or develop new ones, for the storage, retrieval and analysis of load data using computer languages such as SAS.
The successful candidate will assist other divisions and departments on load research matters; will review regulations, reports, and publications, and will attend seminars and meetings to acquire and maintain knowledge of state-of-the-art load research applications, projects, and methodologies. The successful candidate will perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned, and will maintain a safety conscious work environment by following Edison safety protocols and safe work practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Business, Engineering, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and work experience.
- Must demonstrate experience with statistical, regression and/or econometrics analysis.
- Typically possesses three or more years of experience in the field of statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing statistical packages such as SAS, SPSS, Eview, and TSP.
- Demonstrated experience in retrieving, organizing, and managing large databases.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, and managing multiple assignments and tasks concurrently, under time constraints while maintaining attention to detail and producing high quality work with minimal supervision.
- Must have excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC applications, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Must demonstrate excellent business mastery, including the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, develop the business and services to enhance customer satisfaction and productivity, manage risks and safety appropriately, develop and execute business plans, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Must demonstrate excellent management mastery, including effective resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building, and staying current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Must demonstrate strong personal mastery, including ethics, influence and negotiation, leadership, interpersonal skills, communication, the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
- Master’s Degree in economics, statistics, mathematics, business, engineering, or equivalent combination of education and work experience in a related field.
- Experience with sampling theory.
- Experience in analyzing load data and/or billing data.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Southern California Edison, an Edison International (NYSE: EIX) company, serves a population of nearly 14 million via 4.9 million customer accounts in a 50,000-square-mile service area within Central, Coastal and Southern California. Join the utility leader that is safely delivering reliable, affordable electricity to our customers for over 125 years.
Edison International is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
SCE provides access and opportunities to those with disabilities; please let us know if you require an accommodation for this appointment.
An Edison International company, Southern California Edison is one of the nation's largest electric utilities, serving more than 11 million...