We are seeking a Statistical Analyst to join United Guaranty Corporation in Bellevue, Washington.
- Build predictive models, perform in-depth analysis and solve complex problems related to mortgage insurance underwriting credit risk, and perform emerging SAS programming and data mining and predictive modeling techniques using a variety of tools, including SQL, PERL, and .NET.
- Write efficient and clean code to extract and transform data from internal and external databases and prepare and test variables for their predictive strength using tools like two-factor contingency analysis and weights of evidence analysis.
- Build and validate predictive and explanatory models, including GLMs, to identify drivers of mortgage insurance claims frequency and to estimate mortgage insurance claims and work with teams to create summary reports and/or graphs and communicate results.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and maintain clear and comprehensive documentation of decision-making, data preparation, and processes.
- Work with relational data sets and apply modeled results to establish mortgage insurance premium rates.
Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Mathematical Sciences, or a related field of study plus 1 year of experience with relational data sets; SAS programming, data mining, and SQL to solve complex mortgage insurance related problems; building predictive models, including GLMs, to identify drivers of mortgage insurance claims frequency and to estimate mortgage insurance claims; and applying modeled results to establish mortgage insurance premium rates.
American International Group - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Even to this day American International Group (AIG) is one of the world's largest insurance firms. While it held the spotlight...