Encore’s Decision Science department is focused on understanding, measuring, and predicting consumer behavior. The group is multidisciplinary and follows a hybrid academic/business model. We use experimental, empirical, and statistical techniques to answer the company’s most important questions about consumer behavior and segmentation, asset valuation, financial forecasting, and operational performance.
We are seeking a Statistical Analyst to support our core business functions including valuing consumer debt portfolios, increasing business unit profitability through operational modeling, and contributing to our industry-leading consumer intelligence program. Applicants should have strong knowledge of some or all of the following: logistic regression, categorical data analyses, ANOVA, advanced regression methods, and longitudinal and outcome-based modeling. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that both partners broadly with the organization and influences our operational and financial strategies. Successful candidates are likely to show equal comfort discussing the academic merits of a new statistical method, the impact of macroeconomic factors on consumer behavior, or the mechanisms that drive a business channel’s revenue and cost expectations.
Primary responsibilities include:
Required skills, education, and experience:
- Providing high-quality statistical modeling support for operational and experimental projects
- Working closely with analysts and managers across the company during the development and implementation of statistical, score-based, and empirical models
- Collecting, organizing, and analyzing a wide variety of data to support modeling and operational work
- Over time, become an expert in Encore’s business model and approach, and capable of leading projects across multiple functions
How to Apply
- Masters degree in statistics, mathematics, or a quantitative science, with substantial coursework in statistics and experimental design
- 2+ years statistical or analytic experience with a financial services, high-technology, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology firm
- Proficiency with base SAS and SAS/STAT, or a related technology (e.g., Matlab, IDL)
- Familiarity with the logic of credit scoring, and NPV and IRR analyses
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly Access and Excel
If you are looking for a rewarding career in a successful and growing organization, please submit your resume and salary history for consideration to email@example.com and reference job code STATS-RS in the subject line. Encore Capital Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Company
Encore Capital Group is a leading provider of debt management and recovery solutions for consumers and property owners across a broad range of assets. Through its subsidiaries, the company purchases portfolios of consumer receivables from major banks, credit unions, and utility providers, and partners with individuals as they repay their obligations and work toward financial recovery. Through its Propel Financial Services subsidiary, the company assists property owners who are delinquent on their property taxes by structuring affordable monthly payment plans. Encore’s success and future growth are driven by its sophisticated and widespread use of analytics, its broad investments in data and behavioral science, the significant cost advantages provided by its highly-efficient operating model and proven investment strategy, and the company’s demonstrated commitment to conducting business ethically and in ways that support its consumers’ financial recovery.
Headquartered in San Diego, Encore is a publicly traded NASDAQ Global Select company (ticker symbol: ECPG) and a component stock of the Russell 2000, the S&P SmallCap 600, and the Wilshire 4500. More information about the company can be found at http://www.encorecapital.com .
Encore Capital Group - 14 months ago
Credit junkies, beware: Encore Capital Group has your number. The firm and its Midland Credit Management subsidiary purchase at a discount...