Knowledge Networks operates KnowledgePanel®, a probability-based Web panel representative of the U.S. population. The panel consists of approximately 55,000 members, ages 13 and older. Members are recruited from a national address-based sample frame. Samples from the panel are projectable to the population-at-large and to population subgroups. The panel uniquely represents households with and without Internet access. Member households without Internet access are provided a netbook computer and free Internet access so that they can complete online surveys. KnowledgePanel is used for rigorous cross-sectional and longitudinal research purposes by government, academic non-profit and commercial clients.
A mid-level statistical analyst position is now open in the Statistics Group at Knowledge Networks, a GfK company. This is a full-time position with benefits and is located in Palo Alto, California. The successful candidate must have at least 2-3 years work experience with SAS programming, macros and SQL and have experience working with multiple large data files. Candidates with experience selecting survey samples and weighing survey data will be preferred.
The position involves drawing panel samples for surveys, weighting data from survey samples, merging data files to prepare for data analysis and doing intensive data quality control checks. Responsibilities also include updating and managing data files, preparing data reports, and managing survey assignments to panel members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities in addition to what is listed above :
• excellent verbal and written communication skills
• an ability to work independently in a fast-paced team environment
• a detail-oriented and reliable work ethic
• an ability to problem-solve and prioritize tasks
• an ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Experience and Skills:
• Graduate degree in statistics, survey research, market research or a similar field that included advanced quantitative training
• Hands-on work experience with SAS statistical programming, macros and SQL (all required) plus experience with SPSS programming (highly desirable)
• Skilled in using MS Office software (i.e., Word, Excel).
We offer a very competitive salary commensurate with your experience.
GfK Custom Research North America - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -