Harris Connect is searching for an analytics and statistics professional to join our team as a Statistical Analyst. This is a unique opportunity to apply data analysis and statistical modeling techniques to provide solutions and recommendations to executive management based on business data, patterns, and reporting. This is a highly visible role that will interface frequently with our CEO, COO, and other senior management.
Harris Connect is a private equity-backed solutions provider for leading education, healthcare and affinity-based organizations. More than 4,000 clients use our cutting edge technology in mobile, internet, IP telephony and data research to engage their constituencies and generate revenue.
This position is located at our corporate headquarters in Chesapeake, VA.
Primary Duties :
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications :
- Apply knowledge of multiple multivariate modeling techniques (e.g., GLMs, GLMMs, GAMs, decision trees, clustering, SVM)
- Research/implement statistical and machine learning techniques to create scalable models for targeting consumers/buyers
- Integrate output with financial forecasting models
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Analyze large amounts of historical business data for patterns or trends and present results to senior management
- Track general business activity and providing clear, compelling management reporting on a regular basis
- Provide advice and support to the finance team and other business units on statistical issues and the appropriateness of statistical techniques on marketing, pricing and risk management policies.
- Perform ad hoc analyses, including but not limited to consumer/microeconomic behavior, demographics, psychographics, macroeconomics and financial modeling as requested
This position offers a competitive compensation package and a great benefits package including immediate health care coverage and a liberal paid leave program.
- A Bachelors in statistics, computer science (machine learning), operational research, math, engineering, physics or finance, masters preferred
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
- 3+ years SAS, Stata or R
- 3+ years SQL experience
- Good skills with Perl (or similar scripting language), Java or C++
- Knowledge of optimization software (Lingo) helpful but not required
If you have the qualifications listed above, please send your resume, compensation history/requirements, and any other materials demonstrating your expertise in the requirements listed above to: