Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, with a commercial presence in over 170 Countries, is recruiting for a Statistician. If selected for this position, you will receive personalized training in this area to prepare you for work in one of our facilities.
By joining the Michelin team, your career opportunities for the future will be varied. A career manager will be assigned to help you manage your career at Michelin.
The Statistician develops and maintains statistical tools and methods to continuously improve the quality of Michelin's business/technical decisions. She/He applies statistical methods to help Research and Manufacturing business unit customers improve efficiency, speed, accuracy and robustness of Michelin processes.
Michelin is an Equal Opportunity Employer* Qualifications
- Uses the existing statistical tools and methods, and understands the theoretical fundamentals including their advantages and disadvantages.
- Provides consulting on statistical methods to clients in Research and in industry
- Implements known statistical methods. - Modifies and improves existing methods
- Manages projects /affairs of appropriate difficulty and size
- Analyzes the future needs (evolutions)
- Identifies current shortcomings in knowledge and methods in the scope of the current needs
- Adapts existing methods to a new perimeter
- Identifies and puts in place new approaches based on the current state of the art
- Assures the maintenance and evolution of the existing calculation methods and associated tools
- Responds to internal requests for modifications to existing tools and methods
- Conducts training based on existing training materials
- Develops and maintains training materials
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced persons
- Creates documentation relative to methods (ex description of approach, user guides, etc.)
- Writes and archives technical reports
- Initiates invention records and patent applications as required for the protection of intellectual property
- Participates in worldwide technical seminars (technical exchanges)
- Shares results and assures an inter-zone support
- Represents the company with respect to external organizations (ex. norms and regulations bodies, scientific seminars, etc.)
- Represents the company and the mtier at universities, forums, etc.
- BS in mathematics, statistics or computer science with 2-5 years of experience, OR
- MS/PhD in Mathematics or Statistics (Preferred)
Monster - 16 months ago