The Department of Pediatrics is a dynamic, stimulating place to work and because we are focused on growth and improved excellence, our staff have particularly challenging and rewarding roles. With a sponsored research enterprise surpassing $50 million and rapidly expanding, this position offers an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated and highly qualified Biostatistician. The incumbent will be a member of the Statistical Unit, specifically supporting researchers within the Heart Center, and will provide faculty and trainees the following:
- advice on best statistical approaches to analyze data
- advice on developing/revising analytic plans
- assistance with statistical power estimation
- assistance with running data analyses
- assistance in statistical issues in study design
- assistance with statistical programming languages
- review/editing of statistical sections of manuscripts
- review/editing of sections in grant applications
- conduct training seminars on topics of interest
- assistance with database documentation
• The applicant must hold a PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics or related field
• At least 1 year of experience doing collaborative research
• The applicant must have strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Strong computational skills
• Experience with multiple statistical programming languages such as SAS and R is required. (R is an open source integrated suite of software facilities for data manipulation, calculation and graphical display. SAS, Statistical Analysis System, is an integrated system of software products that enable the programmer to perform: data entry, retrieval, management and mining, report writing and graphics, statistical analysis, business planning forecasting and decision support, operations research and project management, quality improvement, applications development, data warehousing (extract, transform, load) and platform independent and remote computing.)
• 2 years of experience doing collaborative biostatistics.
The Stanford Technology Ventures Program is dedicated to accelerating high-technology entrepreneurship education and creating scholarly...