Security Benefit (SB) is seeking a Statutory Reporting Accountant to work in its Finance Department. SB fosters strong partnerships to provide insightful and customized retirement solutions for employers and individual investors nationwide. Through a broad advisor network and its nationally recognized money managers, SB provides mutual funds, annuities and retirement plans and programs. As an industry leader in service technology, SB affiliates also offer business processing and broker/dealer solutions tailored to the financial services marketplace.
The Statutory Reporting Accountant performs accounting work for the statutory reporting function for annuities and life insurance. This position prepares financial statements on the basis of Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP). Assists in the review of new transactions analyzing the impact to financial reporting under SAP and communicates to management. This position will work with the Company’s external auditors on statutory related audit matters. This position resides in the Company’s Finance Department and reports to the Financial Reporting Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Posts and balances ledgers for statutory accounting;
· Assists in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual SAP financial statements and applicable regulatory reporting;
· Assists with the SAP audit and preparation of SAP audit reports;
· Verifies, balances, and reconciles various kinds of transactions and reports;
· Analyzes and verifies internal consistency, completeness and mathematical accuracy of accounting documents;
· Completes analytical analysis of SAP financial statements to prior periods and plan and communicates results with management;
· Researches SAP accounting guidance for new transactions and communicates analysis to management;
· Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance (Finance majors must have at least 21 hours of accounting);
· Master’s degree in Accounting preferred;
· CPA or willing to obtain CPA designation;
· Minimum 7 years experience working in the life insurance and annuity industry with previous statutory accounting experience preferred;
· Experience with reinsurance accounting a plus;
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of information processing systems;
· Strong technical and financial analysis expertise;
· Willingness to develop industry related knowledge;
· Good interpersonal and teamwork skills;
· Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work collaboratively and independently;
· Ability to multi-task and to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines;
· Flexible team player; and
· Solid verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
Consider joining our progressive team in our nationally recognized company. Visit the career section of our website at http://www.securitybenefit.com to complete the online application and submit your resume.
Send This Job to a Friend
Security Benefit Web - 7 months ago