The Page Mill YMCA is looking for group exercise instructors who are qualified and able to teach intermediate to advanced step. Group Exercise Instructors are part of a staff team that provides quality service to all members. Instructors are required to conduct themselves professionally and to communicate with members in accordance with YMCA personnel policies and guidelines. Instructors are expected to provide safe, effective workouts for different populations in accordance with class descriptions.
· A commitment to the YMCA mission and its core values of honesty, respect, responsibility and caring as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in youth. Value diversity, youth, and have a broad vision of health and wellness that is enhanced by relationship building.
· Current certification as a Step instructor
· At least 1 to 2 years teaching all levels of Step.
· Completion of a satisfactory audition
· Possess the following certifications:
o Adult CPR with AED, First Aid,
o YMCA certifications: Healthy Lifestyle Principle (within 6 months of hire),
o Foundations in Group Exercise (or equivalent certification with another organization),
o Specialty certification(s) or accredited equivalent (either from the YMCA or other organization)
· Minimum 18 years of age
YMCA of Silicon Valley - 23 months ago
The Y is a powerful association of men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life joined together by a shared passion: to...