The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for the preparation of sterile supplies, instruments and equipment.
Job tasks and responsibilities include:
- Prepares instruments and supplies through cleaning, packing, sterilizing and storing
- Understands principles of sterilization techniques and operates sterilization equipment.
- Assembles and sets up instruments trays for operating rooms.
- Assists in departmental cost containment efforts.
- Performs equipment distribution and routing cleaning and maintenance.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- At least one year of sterilization and instrumentation experience required.
- BLS Certification (American Heart Association) required upon hire.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching and lifting of 25 lbs.
HCA Inc - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Tampa Bay Times named Northside Hospital a 2014 Top Workplace for the second consecutive year. Caring for our patients at a consistently...