2-3 years of hospital experience required
POSITION SUMMARY :
The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for the inspection, preparation, and sterilization of instruments and instrument sets utilized in the Main Operating Room. Loads and unloads sterilizers. The Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for maintaining high standards for decontamination, assembly, inspecting, wrapping, and sterilization of surgical instruments and medical equipment for Surgical Services, OB Services and all Ancillary Departments. This includes working in conjunction with the OR staff to provide timely sterile products, trays and case carts where applicable. The Sterile Processing Technician maintains consistency and continuous workflow between the OR and Sterile Processing while practicing above average customer service
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES :
· The Sterile Processing Technician properly sterilizes and prepares surgical instruments for all surgical cases at the scheduled surgery times.
· Operates sterilizers, cleans them, records temperature, pressure and records time of test loads.
· Updates surgical instrument tray lists.
· Notifies Managers of repairs needed on surgical instruments
· Rotates sterile supplies regularly, and maintains quality standards in the instrument room.
· Practices Infection Control and Universal Precautions, as per policy.
· Restocks Operating Rooms as needed.
· Maintains all sterilization logs.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS :
· High School Diploma or Equivalency
· Completion of a Central Supply Sterile Processing Program or Surgical Technology Program
· Two years previous experience in Central Sterile or Surgical Technologist required
· Experience with patient safety best practices preferred.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information
· Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
B. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
· Certification as Central Processing Technician or Certified Surgical Technologist
Seton Healthcare Family
- 24 months ago - save job