Overall responsibility for the Stewarding Department including ordering, control and inventory of all China Glass and silver; adhering to Sanitation Standards as outlined by the Hotel and managing the day to day operations of the back of the house food and beverage operations from a cleaning/sanitation perspective.
1. Clean only designated wares in the dishwashing machine.
2. Clean and sanitize pots, pans, utensils and other kitchen equipment.
3. Sort, stack and store cleaned wares in designated areas.
4. Inspect the cleanliness and condition of all washed wares and rewash wares not meeting standards.
5. Cleans and maintains dishwashing area and pot washing area.
6. Change dishwashing machine water/filters and refill as specified to ensure all wares are properly cleaned.
7. Breakdown and clean dishwashing machine and work areas.
8. Transport garbage containers from kitchen and work areas to dumpster; empty and clean Adhere to recycling regulations.
9. Transport soiled china, glass, silver, linen and supplies from banquet area to kitchen.
10. Transport food from kitchen to banquet areas.
11. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
12. Set up and organize work station with designated supplies and equipment; report shortages to steward. Replenish as needed throughout the shift.
13. Check the working condition of dishwashing machine in accordance with specifications; rectify any deficiencies.
14. Fill the dishwashing machine with specified amounts of designated chemicals. Ensure the temperature level of each cycle is set to standard.
15. Organize the breakdown area for drop off of dirty wares.
16. Remove excess food, debris and film from soiled wares before placing them in the dishwashing machine.
17. Position wares in designated racks correctly and send through dishwashing machine only when full.
18. Remove washed wares from dishwashing machine and allow to air dry.
19. Monitor usage of dishwashing machine and chemicals to maximize consumption of water and chemicals.
20. Maintain cleanliness and working condition of garbage disposal.
21. Stock Kitchen lines with designated cleaned wares, utensils and equipment.
22. Clean spills in Kitchen and work areas immediately.
23. Use designated chemicals, supplies and equipment to clean various floor surfaces (brooms, mops, stripper, buffer, etc.).
24. Transport mats to the loading dock and clean.
25. Maintain cleanliness and organization of supply/storage closets; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; clean floors; remove items which do not belong and place in correct areas.
26. Clean garbage compactor and area as assigned.
27. Report any damages, maintenance problems or safety hazards to the supervisor.
28. Organize and restock work areas for next shift.
29. Clean refrigerators/freezers, service hallways, service elevators and other items as assigned.
30. Work with chemical and machine repair personnel to repair machine, improve quality or standards, increase productivity or capacity of machine.
31. Complete job functions of other departmental positions as assigned.
32. Assist in plating up Banquet meals.
33. Assist in inventories as assigned.
34. Operates silver burnishing equipment.
Required Skills & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to walk, stand stoop, bend, lift and carry trays weighing 35+ pounds repetitively during entire shift
- Excellent guest service skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Loews Hotels - 17 months ago