As a Stock Clerk, you will receive, store, and issue equipment, material, supplies, merchandise, or tools, and compile stock records in stockroom, warehouse, or storage yard.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Counts, sorts, or weighs incoming articles to verify receipt of items on requisition or invoices.
* Examines stock to verify conformance to specifications.
* Stores articles in bins, on floor, or on shelves, according to identifying information such as style, size, or type of material.
* Fills orders or issues supplies from stock.
* Prepares periodic, special, or perpetual inventory of stock.
* Requisitions articles to fill incoming orders.
* Compiles reports on use of stock handling equipment, adjustments of inventory counts and stock records, spoilage of or damage to stock, location changes, and refusal of shipments.
* Marks identifying codes, figures, or letters on articles.
* Distributes stock among production workers, keeping records of material issued.
* Makes adjustments or repairs to articles carried in stock.
* Determines methods of storage, identification, and stock location, considering temperature, humidity, height and weight limits, turnover, floor loading capacities, and required space.
* Cuts stock to size to fill order.
* Moves or transports material or supplies to other departments.
* Maintains inventory and other stock records.
* This position is located in WAMEGO, KANSAS
* Must be able to work Monday through Thursday from 3:30pm - 2:00am
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to write simple correspondence.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
* Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
* Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
* Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Proven record of good attendance
Where will you take your career? Where do you want to go? You can continue to learn, grow and contribute within one company, Caterpillar.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jul 23, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
United States-Kansas-Wamego-WAMEGO01-Caterpillar Work Tools, Inc
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...