This position is responsible for performing various stocking functions, maintaining continuous supplies of open-case product for pulling by selectors, operating power equipment and assisting supervisors on other assignments as needed.
A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Use various reports and computer programs to choose product.
- Prepare boxes and place in slots for selection.
- Proactively keep slots replenished before they are emptied.
- Check quantities against stocking reports.
- Identify and remedy insufficient and/or mis-slotted product.
- Accurately record product moves to ensure correct product and accurate counts.
- Inform Supervisor, team leader or trainer of any variances in stocking requirements.
- Perform equipment inspections and take corrective action when defects are found.
- Ensure Division procedures are followed.
- Comply effectively with company work and safety rules.
- Continually meet assigned production standards.
- Maintain a quality of work that limits mispicks, shorts and damages.
- Follow instructions.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Be trained and certified to operate any required equipment (including forklift and pallet jack) within 30 days after hire.
- Successfully complete training for safe and proper use of an approved box cutting device.
- Comply with company attendance policy.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the Distribution Center; work schedules may require working an early shift, staying long for a late shift, and weekend work depending on the customer and operational requirements of the division.
- Work in warm and cold temperature conditions that may range from 38°F to 110°F.
- Stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above the head continuously for a period of two hours or more.
- Have High School Diploma or GED.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Be able to speak, read and understand the English language.
- Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be able to meet a start time of Midnight or 3:00 a.m.
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...