This position is responsible for performing various stocking functions, maintaining continuous supplies of open-case product for pulling by selectors, operating power equipment and assisting supervisors on other assignments as needed.
A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Use various reports and computer programs to choose product.
- Prepare boxes and place in slots for selection.
- Proactively keep slots replenished before they are emptied.
- Check quantities against stocking reports.
- Identify and remedy insufficient and/or mis-slotted product.
- Accurately record product moves to ensure correct product and accurate counts.
- Inform Supervisor, team leader or trainer of any variances in stocking requirements.
- Perform equipment inspections and take corrective action when defects are found.
- Ensure Division procedures are followed.
- Comply effectively with company work and safety rules.
- Continually meet assigned production standards.
- Maintain a quality of work that limits mispicks, shorts and damages.
- Follow instructions.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Be trained and certified to operate any required equipment (including forklift and pallet jack) within 30 days after hire.
- Successfully complete training for safe and proper use of an approved box cutting device.
- Comply with company attendance policy.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the Distribution Center; work schedules may require working an early shift, staying long for a late shift, and weekend work depending on the customer and operational requirements of the division.
- Work in warm and cold temperature conditions that may range from 38°F to 110°F.
- Stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above the head continuously for a period of two hours
- Have High School Diploma or GED.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Be able to speak, read and understand the English language.
- Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Be able to meet a start time of 1:30 a.m.
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center; material movement takes place throughout the facility.
- This position requires the teammate to work inside the majority of the time.
- This position may require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to proximity to other teammates.
- Closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times.
McLane - 17 months ago
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...