This position is responsible for performing various manual and mechanical duties to move a variety of raw materials throughout an assigned work center. Duties include: operating electric and motorized material handling equipment for storing and retrieving raw materials; operating RF scanning equipment to identify and track material movement; recording inventory counts; replenishing raw materials, as needed; and other similar duties pertaining to the movement of company goods throughout the factory. May be required to perform other functions to support manufacturing as necessary.
- Ability to drive power equipment and become certified in forklift operation. Previous experience operating material handling equipment would be a plus.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, including speed and accuracy in counting and checking a must. Prior experience performing physical inventory counts and recording inventory totals preferred. In addition, experience operating Radio Frequency (RF) or similar scanning equipment would be a plus.
- Ability to read and write in English is required to interpret pull lists, inventory sheets, and
- other related printed information to determine which materials to pick, move, and store.
- Safety awareness and thorough knowledge of lifting procedures. Ability to exert physical effort up to 50% of the time for weights of 25 lbs. to 60 lbs.
- Demonstrated strong math capabilities are required in order to perform physical inventory counts.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with co-workers in a positive, productive, and cooperative manner encouraging teamwork, as well as the ability to work independently .
2nd Shift: Monday- Friday, 2:00 PM-10:00 PM
Flexibility in work schedule is also required for possible overtime, work on holidays, weekends and extended hours with minimal notice and as required by operational need.
This position offers a very competitive salary & excellent benefits package.
Universal Pay Scale – Pay Grade U11
This position is subject to a criminal background check and potentially and an education verification as part of the application process. At the time of interview, internal and external applicants will be required to sign a release authorizing the company to conduct criminal background check and/or education verification.
The Yankee Candle Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal or state law . EOE/M/F/D/V
The Yankee Candle Company, Inc. is the nation’s leading designer, manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer of premium scented candles, in the growing giftware industry with sales from continuing operations of $733 million dollars in fiscal year 2010. Employing approximately 5,500 people, Yankee Candle (Headquartered in South Deerfield, Massachusetts) has more than 40 years of offering distinctive products and marketing them as affordable luxuries and consumable gifts. Having earned a reputation for superior, long-lasting fragrance quality, Yankee Candle is America’s trusted choice for fragrance.
The Company sells its products through a North American wholesale customer network of approximately 20,200 store locations, a growing base of Company owned and operated retail stores (515 Yankee Candle Stores located in 44 states as of January 1, 2011 ), direct mail catalogs, the Yankee Candle Fundraising division, its Internet website ( www.yankeecandle.com ), and to a European wholesale customer network of approximately 5,000 store locations and distributors covering approximately 47 countries (via a distribution center located in Bristol, England).
A key contributor to our success has been our vertically integrated business model, which enables us to control most every aspect of our business, from product development to manufacturing to distribution to marketing and sales. This structure allows us to consistently provide high quality and innovative products, deliver them in a timely and efficient manner to customers all over the world and provide excellent customer service. The power of the Yankee Candle® brand and our dedicated and talented employee base truly set us apart from our competitors.
Our one-of-a-kind Flagship Store in South Deerfield, MA is the world’s largest candle and Christmas store, containing approximately 90,000 square feet of retail and entertainment space, and has been ranked as one of the most popular tourist attractions in Massachusetts.
Yankee Candle - 8 months ago
While most Yankees are good at warming their homes, the ones at The Yankee Candle Company (YCC) are also good at making their homes smell li...