Responsible for achieving sales budgets and providing an
experience to every customer through established company
guidelines concerning sales,
customer service, and staff training and development.
II. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The functions listed describe the business purpose of
this job. Specific duties or tasks
may vary and be documented separately. The employee
might not be required to
perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be
assigned, and functions may be
modified, according to business necessity.
• Demonstrated ability to increase the company’s overall
• Demonstrate the ability to drive and teach the company
philosophy around the
basic P’s of retail. The basic P’s of retail include but
are not limited to:
• Demonstrate the ability to merchandise strategically
and utilize the company
guidelines outlining merchandising practices.
• Ensure store presentation standards are achieved and
• Conduct weekly competitive shops.
• Communicate pricing and/or inventory issues to the
• Demonstrate the ability to analyze and work all
business reports in order to be in
the best merchandising, in-stock and pricing position.
Reports include but are
not limited to the following:
• Profit Los statements (P&L)
• Category Performance Report (CPR)
• Business Analysis Tool Report (BAT)
• Store Purchase Order Analysis Report (STPOA)
• Store Price Change Report (STPRC)
• Demonstrated ability to utilize computer and point of
sale systems to maintain
accurate inventory, cycle counts, and profit and loss
shipping and receiving of inventory.
• Guarantee safety and security of customers and
employees by following
established guidelines and procedures regarding loss
prevention and risk
• Assist the General Manager in supporting, modeling,
and enhancing seamless
customer service focus by creating an environment that
is friendly, helpful,
knowledgeable and quick for customers and co-workers.
• Ensure brand standards and operating standards meet or
exceed expectations to
support brand consistency.
• Ensure maximum scheduling coverage especially during
peak traffic periods.
• Review and assess the performance of associates on a
• Train, develop and supervise and define workload
• Monitor associate retention and career development;
communicate ideas to
• Address and document unsatisfactory performance and
policy violations of
associates through administration of disciplinary action
• Ensure compliance to scheduling, hiring, payroll and
• Monitor, maintain and follow company policies; support
• Assist the General Manager in handling store level
human resources or loss
prevention issues as necessary.
• Available to open and/or close the store in an
• Regular attendance and a full-time commitment are
essential functions of the job.
• Perform additional managerial duties as necessary.
• Interface with corporate headquarters employees.tbd
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to perform in a high volume, highly complex
• Ability to demonstrate initiative and be a
• Demonstrated proficiency in recruiting, hiring, and
• Excellent communication, delegation, follow-up, and
• Ability to exercise independent discretion and
judgment in managing a fast-paced
environment adapting to change with a sense of urgency.
• High school graduate or equivalent. College degree
• Three to five years retail management experience and
proven ability direct
• This position description is intended to describe the
general nature and level of
work being performed by people assigned to this job. It
is not intended to be
inclusive of all duties and responsibilities and is
subject to change at any time.
IV. WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the
physical and mental capacity to
perform effectively all essential functions. In addition
to other demands, the demands of
the job include:
• Maintain composure in dealing with executives,
customers, vendors, applicants,
and staff, in group settings and in situations requiring
high performance and
• Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately
with customers and store
personnel; maneuver around sales floor, warehouse and
store office; lift and carry
up to 50 lbs.
• Open availability and flexibility to work nights,
weekends, store openings and
closings according to the needs of the business.
• Product Specialists
• Telephone and/or cellular telephone
• Copier, Scanner, Fax
• Fork Lift
Floor & Decor provides more choices than the big-box, retail mega-stores. And we offer it for less than what you would find at a...