Below is the JD:|
- Experience providing for standardization, configuration testing, administration, support, monitoring and maintenance for server, storage, and application infrastructure as well as the related development of documentation and processes are required.
- This role will function as a high-level technical and customer support resource in the server, storage and application support of this agency.
- The candidate should be skilled in prioritization of tasks and experience would be preferred in the realm of technology infrastructure consolidation in both centralized and decentralized environments.
- The candidate must be capable of doing the research required to provide recommendations for design, planning, implementation and system administration for a wide variety of platforms and applications.
- Must be able to participate in, and in some cases lead small projects or components of projects related to development of the resources required to support the IT Infrastructure of DCF.
- The candidate would be expected to utilize industry standard best practices and methodologies and provide knowledge transfer to other staff through both direct communication and formal documentation.
- Experience with enabling uninterrupted day-to-day support in 24/7x365 environments is preferred.
- Experience with products such as HP EVA and P4800 SAN products, EMC VNX, HP C7000 blade chassis, HP Virtual Connect, and HP Gen 6/Gen 8 blades would be beneficial.
- Experience with VMware and virtualized desktop delivery as well as Windows 7 and Server 2008R2 would also be beneficial. Rotating 24x7 on-call is required. In-person interview and CBC required.
Administration - Customer Service
Problem documentation and communication *
Administration - Project Management
Ability to create a shared understanding in a team environment *
Performance monitoring and tuning techniques *
SharePoint Collaboration Sites *
Ability to be self directed *
Ability to log, organize and prioritize work *
Analytical/problem solving skills *
Information Technology - Architecture
Capacity Planning *
Information Technology - Databases
Monitoring Systems *
SQL 2008 *
Information Technology - Directory Services
Active Directory *
Information Technology - Operating Systems
Linux - Suse *
Microsoft Windows 2008 Server *
Problem determination (e.g. using dumps, traces, traps) *
Information Technology - Requirements
Experience developing system documentation *
Information Technology - Server Support
Perform patch maintenance for server applications and operating systems *
Server administration *
Server builds and troubleshooting experience *
VMWare Virtual Infrastructure (ESX server & vCenter) *
Information Technology - Storage
Backup and recovery techniques *
Monitor storage usage *
SAN architecture *
SAN provisioning *
Monster - 13 months ago