ARM designs the technology that lies at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. A world leader in processor design, ARM’s success is based on licensing agreements with many of the biggest names in consumer electronics and semiconductor manufacturing.
The Infrastructure storage team at ARM work closely with their internal customers and key stakeholders, to prioritise, plan, and execute a number of strategic projects as well as providing operations support for the global storage infrastructure. A highly-motivated and experienced senior storage administrator is required, to work alongside fellow team members and others within the global IT technical teams to deliver against key responsibilities.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
• General administration and support of NetApp and Isilon storage
• Monitoring the health of the storage technologies and pro-actively rectifying issues
• Working with ARM’s engineering divisions to troubleshoot and streamline their interaction with storage.
• Installation of storage hardware in ARM’s datacenters as required. Perform hardware swap-outs of failed disk drives with replacements provided by the vendor and arrange for collection of the failed component.
• Evaluating new storage technologies and features that may enhance ARM’s current environment.
• Software and firmware upgrades of the storage infrastructure.
Qualifications & Education
• Relevant degree / equivalent higher level education or previous employment within the IT industry.
• Relevant technical accreditation or successful completion of vendor certified training (NetApp, Isilon or Symantec NetBackup).
Essential Skills & Experience
• A least five years previous experience supporting storage technologies
• A technical aptitude and a desire to learn new skills.
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
• Professional attitude, with strong attention to detail
• Pro-active and pragmatic with regards to problem solving
• Experience of working in the IT/high tech industry
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required
• Previous experience of one of the following storage vendor; NetApp or Isilon.
• Client – server troubleshooting skills.
• In-depth knowledge of NFS and client connectivity
• Previous UNIX administration experience
Desirable Skills & Experience
• Previous experience supporting HPC / big data storage
• Exposure to tape hardware (specifically LTO) and autoloader technology
• Administration experience of one or more of the following backup technologies; NetBackup or NetApp OSSV.
• Exposure to traditional and scale-out NAS
• Basic programming skills in languages such as Perl or Python.
• Previous experience of building database queries / database access via HTML would be beneficial.
ARM will offer the following benefits for this position:
• Salary - Commensurate with experience
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Contributory 401(k)
• Stock Purchase Plan
• Four weeks paid vacation
• Four week sabbatical after 4 yrs.
ARM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Arm Ltd - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -