The Sr. Storage Engineer role is to analyze design, and plan the organization’s storage infrastructure according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of data quality and availability, including analysis and integration of new customers into the Anthelio storage infrastructure. This individual is responsible for capacity and budgetary planning, as well as development, implementation, and oversight of policies, standards and procedures to ensure consistent storage provisioning and management throughout the organization.
- Implement and manage storage solutions tailored to specific client deliverables, including performance targets, multi-site replication, and targeted capacity management and reporting tools
- Ensure the availability, reliability, scalability, and manageability of the data storage environment
- Maintain storage area network (SAN) environment and/or network attached storage (NAS) environments.
- Typically, the Senior Storage Engineer investigates complex storage issues and provides resolution on complex issues following standard incident, change request and problem management processes.
- Document storage infrastructure inventory
- Gather requirements, design, and implement solutions to meet customers' needs
- Demonstrate knowledge of Fiber Channel, FCIP, FCOE or iSCSI concepts and technologies
- Analyze both hardware and software products for evaluation
- Write technical documentation
- Develop standard operating processes for storage support
- Provide mentoring and leadership to less experienced team members
- Provision storage across multiple storage platform
- Design and Manage storage consolidation activities
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or engineering and/or equivalent work experience.
- SAN Vendor Certifications Preferred.
- Eight plus years previous storage architecture and engineering experience, across multiple vendor and technologies.
- In-depth understanding of storage architecture design techniques, theories, principles, and practices.
- Solid experience architecting enterprise storage, archival/backup, and DRP systems with a broad spectrum of storage technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of SAN, NAS, DAS, RAID, SCSI, Fibre Channel, tape, clustering, encryption, content-addressable storage,…technologies from multiple vendors.
- Knowledge and experience with change management processes.
- Project management/project lifecycle experience.
- Team management experience.
- Solid skills with ESX, VMWare, Linux, Windows, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, OS400, VMS
- Knowledge of applicable data retention practices and laws.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Proven analytical, strategic vision drawing on strong problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language appropriate to both executive and managerial audiences.
- Ability to conduct research into storage issues, standards, and products.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively manage relationships with other infrastructure teams, application teams and client representatives.
- Organizational skills with keen attention to task details, documentation and target dates.
- Team orientated, willing to share knowledge and collaborate with peers.
- MS Office – Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio.
- Travel may be required.
- Flexible work schedule required.