The Storage Architect is responsible for architecting, designing, delivering and driving standard and customized storage solutions (I/O hardware and software) to both new and existing Cray customers. Cray is looking for energetic individuals that wish to be a part of a rapidly growing business within Cray and play an important part in growing this business.
The Storage Architect will serve as the primary technical point of contact for customer relationships, solutions design and pricing and delivery of storage solutions on a world-wide basis. This position requires a broad in-depth knowledge of High Performance Computing (HPC) and Enterprise hardware and software for storage and I/O solutions with a strong architectural/development/deployment background proven through the delivery of other solutions throughout their career.
This includes working with:
- customers defining specific requirements and architecting the solutions for the storage infrastructure and I/O systems to address their needs for capacity and performance
-Marketing to identify opportunities for Cray standard storage product offerings and custom solutions based on knowledge of technology trends and emerging customer requirements
-Cray Engineering, Marketing, Sales and Service organizations to develop competitive proposals that meet customer requirements for HPC and Enterprise storage infrastructure
-vendors of storage technologies and service delivery (partners and prospective partners) to understand their solutions, and to recommend where these should be considered or used for delivery within Cray proposals
-Sales and Service in selecting the appropriate products and technologies to meet specific customer requirements in RFPs and other sales opportunities
In addition, this individual will be developing services-led solutions and offerings to grow Cray's storage capabilities in the HPC and Enterprise markets and estimating effort to plan, design, integrate and optimize storage technology services for HPC and Enterprise customers.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of seven years in the storage and I/O solutions and service delivery either with a vendor selling in this space or with a company working with storage and HPC and/or Enterprise systems. An advanced degree is not required, but is preferred.
In addition, this position requires:
He/she should have successfully defined and launched high-end storage solutions and offerings in the past, establishing a good working relationship with engineering, and marketing, direct sales and sales channels. The candidate needs to show that they understand the current competitive landscape and show the ability to propose and deliver effective storage solutions for customers in the HPC and Enterprise markets. The ideal candidate will exhibit a good mix of storage and HPC and Enterprise technology, service delivery and partner management.
- strong technical understanding of storage, computer architectures and engagement management
- a thorough understanding of Lustre and/or GPFS
- experience in the storage integration environment, ideally in both HPC and Enterprise markets
- the ability to develop a constructive working with relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- knowledge and hands on experience with Lustre and/or GPFS designs, deployments, performance analysis and optimization and support is not required, but is preferred
- strong business sense, with experience in customer proposal development and external partner coordination is also desired
Domestic and International travel is required.
Preferred location is the Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN area. Remote locations within the CONUS and within reasonable distance to a major airport will be considered.
Cray Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cray Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets and services high-performance computing (HPC) systems, commonly known as supercomputers....