Works as a subject matter expert in storage within a focused area of product and technical programs/trainings. Provides technical leadership and direction to Sales and Engineering. Educates and persuades customers, prospects, and AMAX colleagues regarding storage solutions when attached to a set of competitive products. Works creatively on complex problems, and possesses outstanding communication skills that are complemented by presence and judgment.
Evaluate and help drive the roadmap from storage vendor hardware technologies, such as SAS/RAID controllers, storage array/JBOD enclosures and drive technologies.
Evaluate current performance, reliability, and scalability of existing storage solutions and determine the roadmap for any enhancements and/or re-design. Able to work with vendors and Beta customers for implementation ensuring quality solution delivery.
Perform complete error analysis for all hardware components and ensure that all hardware errors are properly handled through the I/O sub-system.
Supports the design and development of the technical content for the jointly defined solution with the partner for both hardware and software. Contributes to technical architectural and implementation design documents.
Stays current on technical specifications for hardware/software of AMAX and industry products and solutions.
Proven experience to develop, implement, recommend, and approve solutions based on defined requirements as it pertains to storage. Excellent working knowledge of software, hardware design, selection and development techniques and methodologies.
- Deep knowledge in Linux operating system and storage management.
- Good experience in the application development and debugging within Linux.
- Excellent C/C++ and multi-thread programming experience
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge of storage solutions, filesystems and I/O sub-system.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills in English.
- IT experience in bring-up, benchmarking, sustaining, and support of storage solutions, such as Hadoop and/or Lustre.
- Knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP and Routing protocols is desired.
- Knowledge of system administration, network administration, debugging and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of NAS, SAN, DAS and iSCSI protocol
- CFS experience
Indeed - 21 months ago