NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
As a Storage Engineer at NBC Universal you will be responsible for the management, design and build of all storage infrastructures globally.
• Install and configure EMC Clariion CX4.xx, VNX, Netapp 3000x / 6000x Brocade, McData and Cisco fiber switches.
• Write and publish technical Standards
• Familiarity in provisioning storage to Redhat Linux, Windows, SUN Solaris and IBM AIX Operating Systems.
• Be able to effectively troubleshoot storage availability, connectivity and performance issues from the filesystem through to the physical drive.
• Recommend maintenance and code upgrades of all storage devices and associated software.
• Produce metrics for Senior Management in order to gauge the effectiveness of the group.
• Knowledge of backup, restore & compression methodologies such as Data Domain & Recover Point.
• Assist with the creation of standards and procedures governing the install, configuration and operational handoff of all storage devices.
• Drive automation where possible
• Assist with the continuous analysis of the groups’ processes to drive efficiencies.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 3 years expertise working with EMC Clariion, Network Appliance, Brocade, McData and Cisco storage devices.
• 3 years expertise with at least three of the following operating systems; Redhat Linux, Sun Solaris, Windows, IBM AIX
• Knowledge of database fundamentals related to Oracle or SQL Server.
• The ability to design a SAN Fabric
• Knowledge of NFS and Virtual platforms (VMWare) preferred.
• Candidate must be willing to travel out of state at least 4 weeks a year.
• Proactive Thinker / Self Starter
• Team Player
• Ability to work under pressure
• The ability to multi-task and complete assignments to meet deadlines.
• Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
• Innovative thinker
• Customer Service focus
• Strong communicator
NBC Universal - 5 months ago
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of...