As a Storage Engineer at NBC Universal you will be responsible for the management, design and build of all storage infrastructures globally.
• Install and configure EMC Clariion CX4.xx, VNX, Netapp 3000x / 6000x Brocade, McData and Cisco fiber switches.
• Write and publish technical Standards
• Familiarity in provisioning storage to Redhat Linux, Windows, SUN Solaris and IBM AIX Operating Systems.
• Be able to effectively troubleshoot storage availability, connectivity and performance issues from the filesystem through to the physical drive.
• Recommend maintenance and code upgrades of all storage devices and associated software.
• Produce metrics for Senior Management in order to gauge the effectiveness of the group.
• Knowledge of backup, restore & compression methodologies such as Data Domain & Recover Point.
• Assist with the creation of standards and procedures governing the install, configuration and operational handoff of all storage devices.
• Drive automation where possible
• Assist with the continuous analysis of the groups’ processes to drive efficiencies.
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 3 years expertise working with EMC Clariion, Network Appliance, Brocade, McData and Cisco storage devices.
• 3 years expertise with at least three of the following operating systems; Redhat Linux, Sun Solaris, Windows, IBM AIX
• Knowledge of database fundamentals related to Oracle or SQL Server.
• The ability to design a SAN Fabric
• Knowledge of NFS and Virtual platforms (VMWare) preferred.
• Candidate must be willing to travel out of state at least 4 weeks a year.
• Proactive Thinker / Self Starter
• Team Player
• Ability to work under pressure
• The ability to multi-task and complete assignments to meet deadlines.
• Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
• Innovative thinker
• Customer Service focus
• Strong communicator
NBC Universal - 13 months ago
Emerging Health Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center. Emerging Health IT, a healthcare IT...