Facility: Ashburn, VA or Oak Brook, IL
Latisys prides itself on offering its employees an opportunity for a challenging career in a team-oriented environment. As a fast growing company, we are always on the lookout for ambitious people with a positive attitude and commitment to being the best they can be.
Latisys is seeking a motivated individual to be responsible for the strategic planning, detailed architecture design, and engineering of all storage, backup, and recovery technologies. This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position. Latisys offers an extensive benefits package to its employees, including 401(k), medical insurance, dental insurance, vision care plan, pre-tax flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent care, paid life insurance and AD&D, paid short term and long term disability, employee assistance program, paid time off and paid company holidays.
If you are interested in joining our company apply now:
- Ensuring optimal performance of storage subsystems
- Responsible for capacity management and reporting of storage subsystems and backup products
- Document technical problems, resolutions, and processes for assigned tasks and projects
- Provide consistent follow-up on incidents/changes until long term objectives are completed
- Provides complex technical consultation on current and proposed systems to other organizations and clients
- Architects highly available, distributed solutions across the appropriate engineering environments to meet business requirements or enhance performance
- Reviews cost analyses and vendor comparison reports to ensure cost-effective and efficient operations
- Performing testing in preparation of storage related hardware or software upgrades
- Recommends vendor/approach and presents to senior management
- Develop and conduct training for Tier II and systems engineers to further develop the virtualization expertise of the staff
- Required to be a part of an on-call rotation, and will occasionally be responsible for after-hours maintenance work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Other duties as assigned by management
Education and/or Experience:
- Total understanding of capacity, performance, trending, tuning – storage resource management
- Experience with RAID group configurations and optimizing performance of the SAN
- Installation and configuration of multipathing software (i.e. PowerPath etc.)
- Configuring the SAN to operate with VMware and other hypervisors
- Ability to run proof of concept and write use cases
- Must be able to maintain ownership of vendor relationships and ongoing technology assessments
- Ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to remote locations.
- Solid understanding of storage networking fundamentals, concepts, and components, including storage subsystems, SCSI, Fibre Channel, switches, iSCSI, HBAs, virtualization, zoning, LUN masking, LVM , etc.
- Can work alone and be a self-starter
- Experience administering enterprise and mid-tier storage subsystems and understanding of concepts such as split-mirror, snapshot backups and remote storage replication
- Work experience in large hosting or campus data center environment
- Strong industry experience in Enterprise Storage product development
- 7 + years industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
Most work is done in an area where normal office or data center noise is present.
Latisys is a leading provider of colocation, managed hosting, managed services and disaster recovery solutions to medium-sized businesses,...