Responsible for the design, implementation, management, and Level 3 support of WilmerHale’s
desktop technical infrastructure. Focuses on optimizing stability, availability, reliability, and
performance of the desktop and application delivery platforms. Monitors and controls processes, and implements system security to provide stable and secure systems. Assists with the implementation of new or additional desktop and technology to improve infrastructure service, both locally and remotely. Assists with resource and workload management and capacity planning. Effectively manages equipment life-cycles, providing input into budget preparation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
support ownership of the following infrastructure technologies: Windows Operating systems XP, 7, 8, SSCM 2007, Citrix, Aternity Mgmt., Wise Studio, InstallShield, VBscript and standard MSI switches.
- Provides full design, planning, configuration, documentation, deployment and top-level
- Designs and supports desktop OS and software application deployment using enterprise tools and processes such as SCCM 2007. Manages and troubleshoots issues with SCCM Site Server & Distribution points.
- Development of desktop images utilizing Business Desktop Solution Accelerator.
- Use of Citrix technology in conjunction with desktop and laptop build design
- Own management of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R3.
- Working with the IS Management develops documented firm standards for desktop technology and ensures that adherence to those standards is monitored and followed by all members of the Systems Infrastructure group.
- Engineers new desktop build solutions for new hardware releases and to support business
- Optimize infrastructure performance to the end-user
- Tests and coordinated deployment of Microsoft Security patches for workstations
- Maintains awareness of technology developments and makes recommendations to manager.
- Develops roadmaps for the adoption of cutting edge desktop engineering technologies
- Participates in negotiations of software licensing and support agreements.
- Participates in cross-functional team projects to implement new or updated technology.
- Assists with resolution of escalated incidents and participates in problem management activities. Cross-trains other IT staff in the use or maintenance of technology.
- Contributes to the Firm's ServiceMatters initiative to consistently improve its image internally and externally. Displays professionalism, quality service and a "can do" attitude to internal members/departments of the Firm as well as external clients and vendors via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Mastery-level knowledge of multiple technology areas, as listed above.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills as necessary to communicate and coordinate with others on both routine and non-routine matters.
- Ability to effectively lead and develop others in their work and to resolve problems independently in accordance with defined policies and procedures.
- Ability to work successfully with minimal supervision in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.
- Demonstrated ability to make significant decisions and recommendations on complex issues to achieve long-term results and strategic objectives.
- Experience working in high-pressure professional services organization or other similar organization requiring attention to detail and sensitivity to confidential and proprietary information.
- SCCM 2007 deployment and infrastructure knowledge including troubleshooting, design, and implementation experience
- Full understanding of SCCM 2007 Hierarchy including setup/troubleshooting
- Multi-Site software deployments. Understanding of set up/use/troubleshooting of software deployment
- Citrix XenApp 6.5 deployment and infrastructure knowledge including troubleshooting, design, and implementation experience
- Ability to administer Citrix environment including modifying policies, configuring worker groups, load balancing, configuring printing, etc.
- Scripting skills are a must in at least one of the following languages: VBScript, PowerShell, or AutoIT
- ePO 4.6 deployment and infrastructure knowledge including troubleshooting, design, and implementation experience
- Active Directory Administration, troubleshooting and support
- Aternity5.02 is a workstation performance monitoring solution. Any experience with any workstation reporting is helpful
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years’ experience in networking, operating systems, and enterprise systems integration with significant specialization in multiple areas of technology including Microsoft operating system and Active Directory design/troubleshooting, multi-tier database application infrastructure design and support, server virtualization and management, business continuance and disaster recovery processes and policy, remote access design and management, software application and desktop operating system deployment technologies.