Storage Field Solution Architect
Since CDW's focus on advanced technology in 1993, we have become a proven partner to organizations in need of information technology solutions. We continue to set the standard for uncompromising client support and technical leadership, and our relationships with Cisco, Citrix, EMC, HP, IBM, Microsoft, NetApp, and VMware provide our clients with industry-leading platforms and products. Whether its hardware, software, consulting services, or managed services, we provide knowledge, skills, and expertise through principled partnerships with our clients.
The System Solutions practice is comprised of approximately 250 technology specialists with thousands of individual certifications. As a leader in technology solutions, CDW's Field Solutions Architect team provides a one-stop shop for planning, design, and integration of data center solutions in conjunction with networking, server, storage, software, and virtualization technologies.
This position is a technical field sales position that works in cooperation with the sales organization to increase the revenue, margin and win rate of our technology solutions. The Field Solution Architect is the counterpart to a team of Inside Solution Architects and Partner Specialists, and is responsible for providing onsite technical discussions, solutions design, demonstrations and other presales activities.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Build and manage an opportunity pipeline for CDW's enterprise-class storage solutions. Focus on driving and closing hardware, software and services revenue to achieve the overall System Solutions Practice revenue and gross profit targets. Be able to scope engagements to a high degree of accuracy with appropriate assistance and review from CDW and partner pre-sales and post-sales resources. Manage and track sales opportunity pipelines, forecasts and revenue using CDW's sales automation tool.
- Be a primary contact and sales resource for all CDW Field Account Executives, Account Managers, Inside Sales Representatives and customers in a specific coverage area. Enable the CDW sales teams to be highly successful selling storage solutions.
- Lead Bid Assurance processes for complex multi-vendor, cross-practice solutions to minimize customer satisfaction issues during implementation.
- Be knowledgeable (industry expert) about products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical services.
- Maintain credible knowledge of competing technologies and solutions.
- Maintain deep technical expertise around storage archiving, tiering, de-duplication, enterprise backup software, enterprise tape libraries, replication protocols, monitoring tools and virtualization.
- Understand Brocade, Cisco, EMC, HP and IBM storage solutions.
- Understand CDW services offerings; help develop service quotes for customers as part of a total advanced technology solution.
The information in this position description is intended to convey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the opportunity. Responsibilities are subject to change.
- Understand client business drivers and needs. Provide input on strategies to drive revenue for solutions and the overall practice.
- Provide management oral and written reports on the client needs, problems, interests, market situation, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Conduct presentations online and in-person to existing and potential customers. Facilitate and perform demos for clients.
- Conduct interviews with customers to collect detailed information and assist in the calculation of TCO and ROI for storage projects. Present findings to customers.
- Conduct Disaster Recovery planning workshops with customers to identify their workloads in order to develop a DR solution that spans servers, storage, virtualization etc. Work with other solution groups to close the gap with power, cooling, networking, security etc. that make up the solution.
- Assist with business development activities in partnership with Marketing and CDW partners. Help to create business development activities, perform demand generation and provide follow-up to business development activities.
- Coordinate prospect meetings, teleconferences, and communications.
Communicate and manage multiple sales channels, including Branch Sales Teams
- Understand client's existing server and storage infrastructure, use CDW's assessment methodology to compare and contrast this infrastructure to CDW's defined best practices, and make technical and financial recommendations to the client.
- Create and deliver client seminars, workshops, polished proposals, and RFP's as necessary
Other Required Qualifications
- Five years or more of enterprise storage and infrastructure experience.
- Five years or more of x86 server experience.
- Seven years or more of pre-sales or consulting experience.
- Advanced Technology Solutions development experience (server, storage, virtualization)
- Thorough knowledge of at least one of the x86 server product lines from Cisco, IBM, HP, and Dell.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or the equivalent in experience.
People are what make CDW special. We encourage our employees to think of innovative ways to solve problems for our clients. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage this independent thinking, and embrace the diversity of our staff. We're committed to hiring and advancing the best individuals available, based on job-related qualifications. We value the perspectives and innovations that come from having employees of different race, gender, age, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, disability, and marital or family status. And we encourage all of our employees to help build and support strong, vibrant communities, improving quality of life and making a positive difference where we live and work.
- Strong Interpersonal and presentation skills including consulting skills.
- Travel required up to 75%.
- Strong oral and written communication
- Multiple Storage Technical Certifications preferred. Examples include: EMCTA, EMCDCA, NCIE, NCDA, MCSE, HP ASE, APP, APC, etc
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Yes, 75 % of the Time
CDW - 13 months ago
CDW is a leading provider of technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare. A Fortune 500 company, CDW features...